Instant Pot Buffalo Wings–throw a bag of frozen chicken wings in your electric pressure cooker and cook for just 4 minutes, baste with delicious buffalo wing sauce and broil in your oven for another few minutes and you have super tender and flavorful wings.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Buffalo Wings
Cooking chicken wings in the Instant Pot is super simple. And you know what’s fun about it? You can cook a bunch of frozen wings at the same time and then after they’re cooked you can season and sauce them differently. For example, I made these buffalo wings but at the same time I made garlic parmesan ranch buffalo wings too.
All you do is put a cup of liquid (water or broth) in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Then you place your trivet* or steamer basket* in the bottom of the pot. Add in as many wings as you’d like. I used a bag of frozen wings that was 3 pounds. Just make sure not to fill the wings above the max fill line. Then you’ll cook for 4 or 5 minutes. The pot will take a little while to come to pressure, especially since the chicken is frozen. After they’re done cooking you’ll lay the wings on a sheet pan and baste with whatever sauce suits your fancy. I really like Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce.* You’ll stick them under the broiler of your oven for 3 minutes, baste again and then broil again. And then you’ll bite into the most tender wings ever.
More recipes for parties
If you’re having a football party this weekend I recommend making these instant pot buffalo wings! Here are some other good party food ideas:
The best 7 Layer Dip
Slow Cooker Taco Dip
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Easy slow cooker spinach dip
Slow Cooker Velveeta Rotel Dip (with Sausage!)
Slow Cooker Artichoke Spinach Dip
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Buffalo Wings I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker.* They are both great pressure cookers! But I recommend the Duo. It has a yogurt making function and a couple other features I enjoy. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
Super flavorful and tender chicken wings with minimal effort!
- 1 (3 pound) bag of frozen chicken wings
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s*)
- Pour one cup or water or chicken broth in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place trivet or steamer basket in the bottom of the pot.
- Place as many chicken wings you’d like (and will fit) in your Instant Pot. Don’t go over the max fill line.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual button (or pressure cook button) to 4 minutes for tender wings or 5 minutes for meat falling off the bones wings. When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes. Then release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid. Turn your oven to the broil setting. Use tongs to place the chicken wings on a sheet pan. I lined my pan with a silicone mat* for easy cleaning. Brush the chicken wings* thoroughly with the buffalo wing sauce. Save some sauce for later.
- Put the sheet pan under the broiler, about 5-6 inches. Broil for 3 minutes and brush with additional sauce. Broil for about 3 more minutes. Watch them carefully so that they don’t burn.
- To enjoy the wings fully, dip the wings in blue cheese dressing!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.