Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Gyros–bleu cheese dressing is spooned down the middle of a warm pita and then topped with shredded chicken that has been stirred together with buffalo sauce. Then it’s topped with crunchy celery and bleu cheese crumbles. This is a party in your mouth!
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Gyros
I can’t take the credit for this recipe because my husband thought it up. And let me tell you it is so yummy! The flavor and texture combination is perfect. I used to think that I didn’t like bleu cheese but I am totally loving it lately! A little bit goes such a long way and it brings so much flavor.
To start this recipe you’ll just cook up some chicken quickly in your Instant Pot. I have used chicken breasts for this recipe but I have also used chicken thighs. It’s totally up to you! I’ve also used frozen and thawed chicken. It doesn’t really matter. If you do use frozen you’ll cook the chicken for the same amount of time in the pressure cooker only it will take longer to come to pressure.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes…
Instant Pot Chicken Gyros
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
Instant Pot Salsa Lime Chicken from frozen
Instant Pot Hawaiian Haystacks with Rice
Instant Pot Chicken Soup from Or Whatever You Do
Pressure Cooker Chicken Parmesan Meatballs from Pressure Cooking Today
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Gyros I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
Bleu cheese dressing is spooned down the middle of a warm pita and then topped with shredded chicken that has been stirred together with buffalo sauce. Then it’s topped with crunchy celery and bleu cheese crumbles. This is a party in your mouth!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts of thighs, trimmed of excess fat (can be frozen)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I like to use mild)
- 6 pitas
- 6 Tbsp bleu cheese dressing
- 6 Tbsp chopped celery
- 6 Tbsp bleu cheese crumbles
- Optional: lettuce and tomatoes
- If your chicken is frozen place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the chicken on top of the trivet. Pour the cup of broth in the bottom of the Instant Pot. If your chicken is not frozen place it in the bottom of the Instant Pot and pour in the cup of broth. Cover the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is on “sealing.” If you’re using chicken thighs set the manual timer (pressure cook button) for 22 minutes (high pressure). If you’re using chicken breasts set the manual timer (pressure cook button) for 10 minutes (high pressure). When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the Instant Pot and drain and discard the liquid. Shred the chicken and pour in the buffalo sauce. Stir in well.
- Spoon a tablespoon of bleu cheese dressing down the middle of a warm pita. Then top with about 1/3 cup of chicken. Sprinkle with chopped celery and a few bleu cheese crumbles. You can also add lettuce and tomato, if you desire.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes (plus time to come to pressure and time to release pressure)
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!