Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings–throw a bag of frozen chicken wings in your slow cooker and walk away for a few hours. Then baste the wings with delicious buffalo wing sauce and broil in your oven for a few minutes and you have super tender and flavorful wings with minimal effort.
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings
Cooking chicken wings in the slow cooker is super simple. And you know what’s fun about it? You can cook a bunch of frozen wings at the same time and then after they’re cooked you can season and sauce them differently. For example, I made these buffalo wings but at the same time I made garlic parmesan ranch buffalo wings too.
All you do is add as many wings as you’d like into your slow cooker. I used a bag of frozen wings that was 3 pounds. Then you’ll cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. After they’re done cooking you’ll lay the wings on a sheet pan and baste with whatever sauce suits your fancy. I really like Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce.* Then you’ll stick them under the broiler of your oven for 4-5 more minutes. And then you’ll bite into the most tender wings ever and do your happy dance.
More recipes for parties
If you’re having a football party this weekend I recommend making these slow cooker buffalo wings! Here are some other good party food ideas:
The best 7 Layer Dip
Slow Cooker Taco Dip
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Easy slow cooker spinach dip
Slow Cooker Velveeta Rotel Dip (with Sausage!)
Slow Cooker Artichoke Spinach Dip
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make slow cooker buffalo wings I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.Print
Throw a bag of frozen chicken wings in your slow cooker and walk away for a few hours. Then baste the wings with delicious buffalo wing sauce and broil in your oven for a few minutes and you have super tender and flavorful wings with minimal effort.
- 1 (3 pound) bag of frozen chicken wings
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s*)
- Place chicken wings in your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F and juices run clean.
- Turn your oven to the broil setting. Use tongs to place the chicken wings on a sheet pan. I lined my pan with a silicone mat* for easy cleaning. Brush the chicken wings* thoroughly with the buffalo wing sauce. Save some sauce for later.
- Put the sheet pan under the broiler, about 5-6 inches. Broil for 3 minutes and brush with additional sauce. Broil for about 3 more minutes. Watch them carefully so that they don’t burn.
- To enjoy the wings fully, dip the wings in blue cheese dressing!
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.