Super flavorful and tender chicken wings with minimal effort!
- 1 (3 pound) bag of frozen chicken wings
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s*)
- Pour one cup or water or chicken broth in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place trivet or steamer basket in the bottom of the pot.
- Place as many chicken wings you’d like (and will fit) in your Instant Pot. Don’t go over the max fill line.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual button (or pressure cook button) to 4 minutes for tender wings or 5 minutes for meat falling off the bones wings. When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes. Then release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid. Turn your oven to the broil setting. Use tongs to place the chicken wings on a sheet pan. I lined my pan with a silicone mat* for easy cleaning. Brush the chicken wings* thoroughly with the buffalo wing sauce. Save some sauce for later.
- Put the sheet pan under the broiler, about 5-6 inches. Broil for 3 minutes and brush with additional sauce. Broil for about 3 more minutes. Watch them carefully so that they don’t burn.
- To enjoy the wings fully, dip the wings in blue cheese dressing!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot