Perfect party dip! Tastes great with tortilla chips.
- 1 (32 oz) box of Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 (14 oz) can Rotel tomatoes or diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 lb ground sausage (mild or hot, however you like it)
- Place raw sausage in the bottom of a 3-5 quart slow cooker. Use a spoon to break it up.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2-4 hours or on HIGH for 1 1/2-2 hours (depending on how hot your slow cooker cooks), or until the sausage is cooked through. Drain off any grease.
- Add in the Velveeta and the tomatoes. Stir and then cover and cook on LOW or HIGH until cheese melts. (Because the slow cooker is already hot it shouldn’t take very long to melt…probably 30 minutes or less)
- Stir until creamy and then turn slow cooker to WARM setting. Serve with tortilla chips.
Again I used the crockpot to brown my ground meat. It worked perfectly and I loved the super simple clean up! A spoon and the slow cooker. That’s all. I guess I can handle that. Of course this recipe is totally unhealthy but it tastes oh so good. Perfect for a party or to bring to a potluck. 5 stars.