Instant Pot Sausage Gravy–country style gravy made with ground sausage and diced bacon is infused with flavors as it is quickly pressure cooked. When served over freshly baked biscuits (homemade or from a can) it tastes like a good old fashioned southern breakfast (although we eat this often for dinner).
Instant Pot Sausage Gravy
One of my husband’s favorite comfort foods and most often requested dinners is biscuits and gravy. Sometimes I make homemade biscuits (I usually use this recipe) and sometimes I buy a can of refrigerated biscuits at the grocery store. But every time I make it every ounce gets gobbled up.
I decided to try and make the gravy portion of “biscuits and gravy” in the Instant Pot. I combined the recipe from Completely Delicious and a few others that I’ve seen around the internet. The results were a thick country style sausage gravy that tasted absolutely amazing. I liked how deep the Instant Pot inner pot was to stir and make the gravy. Usually when I make it in a frying pan on the stove it doesn’t work as well to make a large batch.
The addition of 2 slices of bacon to the gravy made it so flavorful and by pressure cooking for just a few minutes it infused all the flavors for an amazing gravy that had us licking our plates.
You can easily double this recipe if you’re serving a crowd for brunch and keep your Instant Pot on the Keep Warm setting until you’re ready to serve it.
More brunch recipes you’ll love
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Sausage Gravy I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker.* They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function and I do believe it is an overall better choice in pressure cookers. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
Country style gravy made with ground sausage and diced bacon is infused with flavors as it is quickly pressure cooked. When served over freshly baked biscuits (homemade or from a can) it tastes like a good old fashioned southern breakfast (although we eat this often for dinner).
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 2 slices uncooked bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Homemade or canned biscuits
- Prepare your biscuits and turn the oven on to bake them.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting, adjust it to “more.” Add the sausage and bacon to the pot. Break up the sausage with a wooden spoon. Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes. Do not drain the grease. Add in the chicken broth.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual button (pressure cook button) to 5 minutes.
- Bake your biscuits.
- While the timer is counting down on your Instant Pot get out a medium bowl. Whisk together the flour and milk.
- When the timer beeps indicating that the 5 minutes are up move the valve to “venting.” Open the pot when you are able.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting on “more.” Pour in the milk mixture. Add in the salt and pepper. Stir until the gravy is thick and bubbly. Turn the Instant Pot to the Keep Warm setting.
- Serve the gravy over the biscuits.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe came to pressure very quickly for me and the pressure release didn’t take hardly any time either. Win!
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.