Instant Pot Pancake Bites—bite-size, spherical pancakes that are perfectly poppable and taste great with maple syrup drizzled over the top.
Each week in 2020 I’m sharing a recipe inspired by one of the 50 states. So far I’ve covered…
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Today’s recipe is inspired by the Green Mountain State, Vermont. Vermont is the second-least-populated U.S. state and the sixth-smallest by area of the 50 U.S. states. Even though it’s small in size it’s big in beauty.
Last summer my family visited the New England area of the United States. My very favorite was Vermont. The Green Mountains were truly so beautiful. The scenery as we drove was breathtaking. We enjoyed visiting the Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory and getting our free sample at the end of the tour. If you want to see beautiful Vermont photos on your Instagram feed follow @woodstockvt I love the photos they post.
Instant Pot Pancake Bites
One thing that Vermont is famous for is their maple syrup. Vermont is the nation’s leading producer of maple syrup. Vermont produces nearly 2 million gallons of syrup a year. Vermont generates 47 percent of the country’s maple syrup. I thought it was only fitting that I do a recipe that could be drenched in delicious Vermont maple syrup–Instant Pot pancake bites!!!
I used my very favorite homemade pancake batter and filled 2 egg bite molds with it. Then I popped them into my Instant Pot and cooked for 14 minutes. After the cooking time was up I removed the pancake bites from the molds and immediately ate them with maple syrup. They are so good and taste best right out of the Instant Pot.
Tips for making Instant Pot Pancake Bites
Can I freeze pancake bites? Yes. Once the bites are cooled down place them in a ziploc freezer bag. Spread the bites out so that they aren’t touching, if possible. Lay flat and freeze. They will stay good for about 3 months.
How do I reheat pancake bites? Place desired number of pancake bites on a plate and warm in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
Can I use the lid that came with my egg bites mold? I use foil to cover my pancake bites so that they can expand a little. Some egg bites molds comes with plastic lids and some come with silicone lids. If your lids are made with silicone they should be safe to use in your Instant Pot.
Can I add fruit or chocolate chips to my pancake bites? Add a few fresh blueberries or chocolate chips to each pancake mold. Don’t use frozen fruit as it will affect the temperature of the batter, cooking time and it will release liquid.
Bite-size, spherical pancakes that are perfectly poppable and taste great with maple syrup drizzled over the top.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the egg and powdered sugar together.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, milk, salt, vanilla and butter. Mix until combined.
- Spray 2 silicone egg bite molds* with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon 2 Tbsp of batter into each mold.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Cover the molds with foil. Stack molds on top of each other and then place on a trivet/sling* and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 14 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the foil. Place a plate on top of the egg molds. Then flip over the plate and the molds so that the pancake bites pop out on top of the plate. Gently push your thumb into silicone mold to pop out the bites.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can make in an 8 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.