Bite-size, spherical pancakes that are perfectly poppable and taste great with maple syrup drizzled over the top.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the egg and powdered sugar together.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, milk, salt, vanilla and butter. Mix until combined.
- Spray 2 silicone egg bite molds* with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon 2 Tbsp of batter into each mold.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Cover the molds with foil. Stack molds on top of each other and then place on a trivet/sling* and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 14 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the foil. Place a plate on top of the egg molds. Then flip over the plate and the molds so that the pancake bites pop out on top of the plate. Gently push your thumb into silicone mold to pop out the bites.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can make in an 8 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot