Instant Pot Enchilasagna—a mash up of beef enchiladas and lasagna made quickly in your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Enchilasagna
Love enchiladas? Love lasagna? Then you’ll love this recipe that combines the two of them together. It’s a saucy, sloppy dish that doesn’t look pretty but tastes really good. My son could not get over it. He ate two helpings and was super sad to learn there was none left. He kept talking about it all night. I was like, “Dude, were you super hungry?” “No mom, it was just sooooo good.”
The steps of making enchilasagna:
- Beef is browned with seasonings. The pot is deglazed with broth.
- Lasagna noodles are broken into 2 inch pieces and placed on top. No stirring.
- 2 cans of enchilada sauce are dumped over the top of the noodles.
- Pressure cook for 4 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Stir in cheese, ricotta and sour cream.
- Top with diced tomatoes and a bit of parsley.
Substitution ideas for Instant Pot enchilasagna:
Ground beef–swap with ground turkey. Cooked and cubed chicken would be fabulous. If using cooked chicken you can eliminate the browning step.
Enchilada sauce–I used one can of green and one can of red. But really you could use 2 cans of red or 2 cans of green. I have a kid that doesn’t like spice so I choose the mild version.
Lasagna noodles–I broke up lasagna noodles but you can really use any type of short cut pasta instead such as penne, cavatappi, macaroni, rotini, bowties, shells, etc.
Ricotta and sour cream–I don’t usually have ricotta in my fridge but I do have cottage cheese so I used cottage cheese. If you don’t have any sour cream try using plain yogurt.
Cheese–try any combination of Monterey jack, parmesan, jack, queso fresco, etc.
More Lasagna and Enchilada Inspired Instant Pot Recipes…
Instant Pot Dump And Go Meatball Lasagna
Instant Pot White Chicken Lasagna
Easy Instant Pot Tortellini Lasagna
Instant Pot Spinach And Ravioli Lasagna
Instant Pot Creamy Mock Lasagna Noodles
Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Enchilada Chicken
Instant Pot 5 Ingredient Beef Enchiladas Casserole
Instant Pot Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Instant Pot Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup
Instant Pot Cheesy Enchilada Rice
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Instant Pot Enchilasagna
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
A mash up of beef enchiladas and lasagna made quickly in the Instant Pot!
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups beef or chicken broth
- 9 lasagna noodles (8 oz), broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar (or monterey jack cheese)
- 1/2 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Parsley, for garnish
- Turn Instant Pot to the sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the chili powder, cumin and salt. Brown the beef for 4-5 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Lay the lasagna noodles on top, spread them out.
- Dump the red and green enchilada sauce on top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheeses and the ricotta and sour cream. If it is too saucy let it sit for a few minutes to absorb.
- Scoop up and serve. Sprinkle each serving with tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in the 3 or 8 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Hope this isn’t a stupid question (I’m very new to instant pot) but if you used flour tortilla strips instead of pasta how would that turn out?
I’m thinking it would get soggy and gluey. 😔
This was delicious ! 😋 I didn’t have some of the dry ingredients so instead I used organic mild taco seasoning mix and combined it with a spicy organic mix and also used ground turkey and cottage cheese instead of ricotta. I also added some pico de gallo after I stirred in the cheeses and sour cream. I will definitely make this again … thanks for sharing 💝
Sounds amazing Kim! 👏👏👏
STEPHEN K says
Hi there from south central Canada
Wow! This recipe is awesome. I got rave reviews from my wife (my toughest critic). We really like how it’s perfectly spiced.
And as a bonus, it was so easy to make. I only slightly deviated from your recipe by using 2 pounds of ground pork and added a tiny bit of chipotle chili powder. That worked fine
A definite keeper, the recipe has bee added to our permanent kitchen cookbook
The chipotle powder sounds great! I’ll have to try it!
I made this tonight and we thought it was the best ever!! I’m not the cook in the house and everyone was very impressed with this dish. Thanks so much!
Wow! so great to hear it!
Barbara Skaggs says
I made this last night and it was so delicious! It will definitely go into my list of regulars – thank you!!!
So happy to hear it! Thanks for sharing your experience Barbara!
I’ve made The Pioneer Woman’s mash up enchilasagna for years now. I’m very excited to be able to use my pressure cooker for it! Thank you for sharing!
If you substitute another type of pasta for the lasagna noodles, how much would you suggest to use?
8 oz of noodles, so half the box usually