Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup–all the flavors of chicken enchiladas in a bowl of soup. The soup is thickened up with a can of refried beans instead of dairy…this soup can be made dairy free if you want it to be. This version is made in your electric pressure cooker in just a few minutes.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
I love enchiladas but sometimes I don’t want to go through all the steps of making them. I’d rather throw everything into a pot and turn it on and walk away. That’s where this recipe for instant pot chicken enchilada soup comes in. It’s one of those throw-everything-in kind of recipes. It takes only about 10 minutes to get it going.
I love serving this soup with a dollop of sour cream and tortillas chips crunched up on top. Major bonus if I have an avocado in the house and I can put a few avocado slices on top.
More Recipes You’ll Love…
Instant Pot Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup
Slow Cooker Creamy Skinny Taco Chili Soup
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Instant Pot Smothered Green Sauce Chicken Enchiladas
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
For Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker.* They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
All the flavors of chicken enchiladas in a bowl of soup. The soup is thickened up with a can of refried beans instead of dairy…this soup can be made dairy free if you want it to be. This version is made in your electric pressure cooker in just a few minutes.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (15 oz) can enchilada sauce (mild, medium or hot…whatever you like)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 4 oz cream cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: sour cream, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, grated cheddar, tortilla or corn chips
- Add chicken broth, beans, corn, green chiles, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, cumin and chicken into your Instant Pot. Give it a quick stir.
- Cover your Instant Pot and secure the lid. Press the manual or pressure cook button and set the timer to 10 minutes. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to “venting.” Remove the lid.
- Take out the chicken and shred it on a cutting board. Add it back into the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the can of refried beans until the soup is creamy and smooth. If you want, stir in the cream cheese at this point. You can use the saute setting on your Instant Pot to help melt the cream cheese quicker.
- Salt and pepper the soup to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with desired toppings.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
You can also use frozen chicken breasts. The cooking time will remain the same.
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.