Instant Pot 5 Ingredient Beef Enchiladas Casserole—in the mood for enchiladas? Try this easy way to make beef enchiladas in your Instant Pot. This casserole tastes amazing with hardly any work.
The SLOW COOKER instructions for this recipe are in the notes section of the recipe card below.
Instant Pot 5 Ingredient Beef Enchiladas Casserole
With just 5 ingredients you’re probably wondering how flavorful this casserole could be. It’s surprisingly flavorful. The enchilada sauce, green chiles and the sharp cheddar give more than enough flavor to the ground beef and the corn tortillas.
You’re really going to love this dinner. It’s easy to put together with only 5 ingredients. It cooks quickly in your Instant Pot (about 30 minutes from start to finish). It tastes amazing. The leftovers are tasty too. I was surprised at how much I loved it!
What should I serve with Instant Pot 5 Ingredient Beef Enchiladas Casserole?
- Top the enchiladas with sour cream, chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes taste great served with this casserole
- If you’ve got some ripe avocados whip up a batch of guacamole
Can I use flour tortillas?
I haven’t tried flour tortillas for this recipe but from what I understand they would get gummy and the texture would be off. If you don’t like yellow corn tortillas perhaps you’d like white corn tortillas. My family loves them.
Can I cook directly in the Instant Pot?
For casseroles like this one using the pot-in-pot (PIP) method is the only way to get satisfactory results. PIP allows you to pressure cook desserts, casseroles and other foods that don’t contain much liquid without them burning to the bottom. Invest in a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot like this Fat Daddios Pan* and a trivet with handles* to lift the pan in and out of the Instant Pot.
You’ll like these recipes too…
In the mood for enchiladas? Try this easy way to make beef enchiladas in your Instant Pot. This casserole tastes amazing with hardly any work.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 (15 oz) can enchilada sauce of your choice (I used hatch green chile enchilada sauce)
- 1 (4.5 oz) can green chiles
- 10 (6 inch) soft corn tortillas, cut or torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp or medium cheddar
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says hot add in the ground beef and brown it. Drain off grease from meat and place the meat in a bowl. Clean out bottom of Instant Pot.
- Stir ½ cup of enchilada sauce and the can of green chiles in with the meat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot* pour about ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan. Then layer half of the meat, tortillas, sauce and cheese. Repeat again ending with the cheese. Cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water in the bottom of the Instant Pot liner. Then place the pan on top of a trivet with handles*. Lower the pan into the Instant Pot liner.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes.
- When time is up release pressure by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Remove the pan from the Instant Pot. Scoop onto serving plates and top with a little sour cream and cilantro and a squeeze of lime, if desired.
Make this in the 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot.
Slow Cooker Instructions: In a pan on your stove brown the ground beef. Drain off the grease. Stir in ½ cup of enchilada sauce and the can of green chiles in with the meat. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour about ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker. Then layer half of the meat, tortillas, sauce and cheese. Repeat again ending with the cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.