Instant Pot Cheesy Enchilada Rice–brown rice is pressure cooked with enchilada sauce and spices in minutes and then topped with sharp cheddar, diced avocado and a wedge of lime.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Cheesy Enchilada Rice
Today is National Cheese Day and I thought I’d celebrate by making this Instant Pot Cheesy Enchilada Rice. It’s sort of like bean and cheese enchiladas in rice form. This flavorful rice makes a perfect side dish to grilled chicken or it works well paired with a rotisserie chicken. I was having a hard time getting the pictures taken for this recipe because I kept sneaking bites of it. It is so perfect when topped with guacamole or sliced avocado or a dollop of sour cream.
More Cheesy Recipes
Since today is National Cheese Day I’ve teamed up with some food blogger friends to bring you all the cheesy goodness. Here are some of their recipes:
- Cheddar Broccoli Soup from Ashlee Marie
- Cheesy Garlic Bread from Life Made Simple
- Stuffed Cheese Buns from The Baker Upstairs
- Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Sandwiches from Kara’s Creations
- Fromage Fort (Cheese Spread) from Foodie with Family
- One Pan Ham & Cheese Tortellini from Yellow Bliss Road
- Cheese Blintz with Fresh Strawberries from Real Mom Kitchen
- Cheesy Pesto Bread from Gather For Bread
And here are more cheesy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese with Green Chiles
- Instant Pot Parmesan Risotto
- Instant Pot Southwest Corn and Bacon Dip from Center Cut Cook
- Pressure Cooker Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice from Barns and Noodles
- Pressure Cooker Cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin from Pressure Cooking Today
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Cheesy Enchilada Rice recipe I used I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers. It cost me around $80 on Amazon.Print
Brown rice is pressure cooked with enchilada sauce and spices in minutes and then topped with sharp cheddar, diced avocado and a wedge of lime.
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (15 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 cups sharp grated cheddar (depending on how cheesy you want it)
- 1 avocado diced
- Sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Add rice, water, enchilada sauce, black beans, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder to the Instant Pot. Cover and turn valve to “sealing.” Press the manual button and set timer to 22 minutes. When timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid and stir in the lime juice and cheddar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve rice topped with diced avocado, sour cream, lime wedge and cilantro.
I used my Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers.
Click here for the slow cooker version of this recipe
- Calories: 265
- Sodium: 312 mg
- Fat: 7.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 40.8 grams
- Fiber: 2.8 grams
- Protein: 8.7 grams
Send Me Free Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love Instant Pot and Crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!