Instant Pot Creamy Mock Lasagna Noodles–creamy noodles with ground beef, tomato sauce, cream cheese and parmesan cheese. An easy pasta dish that is made in minutes in your electric pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Creamy Mock Lasagna Noodles
When I was young my mom would make a recipe called “mock lasagna.” Basically it was cooked egg noodles, a meat sauce, and a cream cheese mixture layered a couple of time in a casserole dish and then baked in the oven. It was one of my favorite meals growing up. The recipe went in my recipe folder that I took with me to college. It’s been years since I made my mom’s mock lasagna recipe but I still love it.
I decided to take the flavors and ingredients from her recipe and make it in the Instant Pot. It’s a creamy pasta dish instead of a layered noodle dish but it still tastes great. Plus you don’t have half as many dishes to wash. My kids love this dish and Skyler has taken the leftovers to school the past two days in his mini crockpot*.
You can use a lean ground beef or a ground turkey for this recipe. Use whatever you have on hand and whatever you prefer. If you have frozen beef on hand (like I did) place one cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot and then a trivet. Place the frozen meat on the trivet and set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and when it’s done use a quick release. This will thaw the meat enough for you to start step 1 in the recipe.
More Instant Pot ground beef recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Creamy Mock Lasagna Noodles I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Creamy noodles with ground beef, tomato sauce, cream cheese and parmesan cheese. An easy pasta dish that is made in minutes in your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 16 ounces (1 pound) uncooked cavatappi pasta (you can also use penne or macaroni)
- 3 ½ cups water
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Brown: Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef. Break it up with a spoon (I use this tool*). Add in the onion, salt and garlic powder. Brown the meat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in ingredients: Add in the tomato sauce and stir. Add in the pasta and the water and stir.
- Pressure cook: Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure (if you’re halving the recipe use 4 minutes). When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Cream dairy: In a medium size bowl add the cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream. Use a hand mixer to cream the mixture together. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Stir in dairy: Stir the cheese mixture into the Instant Pot. Coat the noodles well.
- Serve: Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can use an 8 quart with no changes. If you use a 3 quart mini halve the recipe and use 4 minutes pressure cooking time.
If you have frozen beef place one cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot and then a trivet. Place the frozen meat on the trivet and set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and when it’s done use a quick release. This will thaw the meat enough for you to start step 1 in the recipe.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.