Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Enchilada Chicken–a fast and easy dump and go recipe. The saucy chicken can be served in tacos, burritos, salads, nachos, quesadillas or over rice.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Enchilada Chicken
This is one of those dump and go recipes that is perfect when you’re in a hurry. I like how versatile it is too. You can serve the chicken plain, or wrapped up in a tortilla or on top of rice. We loved it served over tortilla chips with sour cream and avocados on top. This recipe can be keto friendly and gluten free too.
I love how you can use frozen chicken for this recipe and still have dinner in minutes. It’s my favorite when I don’t have to worry about thawing the meat.
More 5-ingredient recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Enchilada Chicken I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A fast and easy dump and go recipe. The saucy chicken can be served in tacos, burritos, salads, nachos, quesadillas or over rice.
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 ½ pounds chicken breasts (frozen is okay)
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce (I used medium)
- Optional: 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water
- If using fresh chicken add in ½ cup broth, if using frozen chicken use ¼ cup broth. Add in the broth and cumin into the pot. Sprinkle the chicken with cumin and oregano. Pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes for frozen chicken or 12 minutes for thawed chicken. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Place chicken on a cutting board and shred or cut into pieces. Stir it back into the sauce. If you want to thicken the sauce turn the Instant Pot to saute mode. Stir the cornstarch and water together in a bowl until smooth and then stir the mixture into the pot. The sauce will thicken fairly quickly.
- Serve chicken in tacos, nachos, quesadillas, burritos or over rice.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. If you’re trying to eat low-carb eat the chicken plain with some full fat sour cream on top.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 270 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 32 g
Keywords: gluten free, keto, instant pot, low carb
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Enchilada Chicken? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.P