Instant Pot Cheater Lasagna–if you love the flavors of lasagna but don’t like the effort it takes this recipe is for you! You can make this Instant Pot lasagna pasta recipe with 6 ingredients and in just a few minutes.
Instant Pot Cheater Lasagna
I love this recipe! We all scarfed it down it like 2 seconds flat. Mostly I love how easy it is to put together and how few ingredients you need to make it.
I love lasagna but sometimes all the layers get tedious to put together. This is a great solution to a lasagna-type dinner without all the work. These are my favorite dinners…fast, easy and delicious!
A few notes about ingredients…
Sausage: I used ground Italian sausage. I always buy the mild kind. I like Italian sausage for this recipe because it has all the flavors for lasagna in it. If you wanted to use an unseasoned ground beef or ground turkey you could. However you will need to add salt and pepper and perhaps some Italian seasoning to the meat as you brown it.
Pasta: Lately I’ve been buying my pastas from the bulk section of Winco. I decided to try a cute skinny curly pasta that was labelled as Fusilli. You can use many types of pasta with this recipe with great results. To find out how many minutes to pressure cook the pasta just take the suggested boiling time that is on the box, divide by two and subtract 1 minute.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Cheater Lasagna I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
If you love the flavors of lasagna but don’t like the effort it takes this recipe is for you! You can make this Instant Pot lasagna pasta recipe with 6 ingredients and in just a few minutes.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 12 ounces pasta (I used a small fusilli pasta but you can also use bowties, rigatoni, penne, macaroni, cavatappi etc.)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can or jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the Italian sausage. Break it up (this is the tool I use*) and brown the sausage. Drain off any excess grease.
- Dump the pasta into an even layer in the Instant Pot. Cover the pasta as best as possible with the broth. Dump the spaghetti sauce evenly over the top of the pasta. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button for 4 minutes (4 minutes will work for most pastas–mine was super skinny and small so I set it for 3 minutes. Usually I take the suggested boiling time that is on the box, divide by two and subtract 1 to determine how long to cook for in the Instant Pot).
- When the time is up move the valve to venting. If foam starts escaping then move the valve back to sealing and wait 20 seconds and then try again. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cottage cheese and the mozzarella. Scoop onto plates and serve. If desired, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make gluten free: Double check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Substitute noodles for GF noodles and decrease cook time by 1 minute.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Cheater Lasagna? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.