Instant Pot Lasagna Soup–All the delicious flavors of lasagna in soup form! Plus, it’s made in the Instant Pot so it’s a meal that comes together quickly. Kids and adults alike will love this soup!
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Here’s the thing about lasagna. It’s good, right? But sometimes it seems so overwhelming to make. Brown the meat, boil the pasta, prepare the sauce, mix together cheeses and ricotta, layer several times in a casserole dish, cook for an hour…blah blah blah. Well if you don’t want to go to all that trouble then you’re going to love this instant pot lasagna soup. Every part of this recipe is made in the Instant Pot, making it an easy one pot meal.
First you’ll brown some flavorful Italian sausage, onions and garlic using the sauté function of your instant pot. Then you’ll add in some tomatoes, seasonings and pasta and pressure cook for just 2 minutes. After the pressure is released ladle the soup into bowls and top with a bit of parmesan, mozzarella and a dollop of ricotta. It is a bowl of complete yumminess (with only about a quarter of the work and time).
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup
- Instant Pot Bean and Bacon Soup
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken White Bean Spinach Soup
- Low carb chicken fajita soup from All Day I Dream About Food
- Low carb loaded cauliflower soup from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Buffalo chicken soup from Jelly Toast
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Lasagna Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
All the delicious flavors of lasagna in soup form! Plus, it’s made in the Instant Pot so it’s a meal that comes together quickly. Kids and adults alike will love this soup!
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage (mild or hot, it’s up to you)
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 3 cups uncooked campanelle noodles* (they look like little tiny lasagna noodles)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Turn the sauté function to the medium setting on your Instant Pot. Add the sausage, onions and garlic to the pot. Use a wooden spoon to break up the sausage. Brown the ground sausage and sauté the onions and garlic at the same time. Once the meat is browned and the onions are translucent drain off all the grease.
- Add the green pepper, garlic, thyme, basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, bay leaf, brown sugar, tomatoes,tomato sauce, water, better than bouillon and uncooked pasta into the pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Cook on manual high pressure for 2 minutes. Once the timer beeps, let the pressure release for about 5-10 minutes naturally and then gently move the valve to “venting” and let the rest of the pressure release.
- Open the pot and stir. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese and a dollop of ricotta.
This recipe makes 8 servings. If you have leftovers, you’ll notice the pasta will suck up a lot of the liquid of the soup. You can eat it like this (it will be more of a goulash consistency) or you can stir some broth into the leftover soup to make it more soup like.
If you’d like the SLOW COOKER version of the soup click here.
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!