A mash up of beef enchiladas and lasagna made quickly in the Instant Pot!
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cups beef or chicken broth
- 9 lasagna noodles (8 oz), broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar (or monterey jack cheese)
- ½ cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Parsley, for garnish
- Turn Instant Pot to the sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the chili powder, cumin and salt. Brown the beef for 4-5 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Lay the lasagna noodles on top, spread them out.
- Dump the red and green enchilada sauce on top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheeses and the ricotta and sour cream. If it is too saucy let it sit for a few minutes to absorb.
- Scoop up and serve. Sprinkle each serving with tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in the 3 or 8 quart pot with no changes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot