I made up a word that probably doesn’t even make sense…it’s Instant Potober. Instant Pot + October = Instant Potober. The last half of October typically gets chilly and we move inside as it gets dark earlier and earlier. Foods that fit October are warm and cozy and fall-ish. I have 6 Instant potober recipes to share with you today!
Related: Get my 5 CROCK-TOBER recipes
6 Instant Pot Recipes for October
#1: Chili–Chili is the quintessential October recipe. It’s warm in two ways…the temperature and the spiciness factor. There are so many great ways to make chili in the Instant Pot. Here are some of my favorite Instant Pot chili recipes.
- Downhome Instant Pot Chili–-Linda said, “I made this recipe and won first place in a chili cookoff. Everyone wanted the recipe.”
- White Chicken Chili–Abbey said, “We make your recipes at least twice a week, but this one has to be our favorite.”
- Ground Turkey Chili–-Karen said, “So delicious I am kicking myself for not making a double batch. My son and husband scarfed it up and we were literally fighting over it the next night 🙂 Really good chili and very easy to make.”
- Lentil Chili–-Sarah said, “This is my very favorite instant pot recipe and I have been pressure cooking a long time. I make this at least once a month.”
#2: Pumpkin Recipes–Once fall hits I’m ready for some pumpkin cookies and pumpkin breads. There are a few awesome ways to use pumpkin in the Instant Pot. Here are three of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats–Elise said, “Thanks so much for the recipe. I made it this morning and we loved it! I added some extra pumpkin because we can never have enough pumpkin. It’s the second thing I’ve made in my new instant pot.”
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake–Karen said, “Tried the pumpkin cake this weekend, a super moist, delicious cake! A big hit!!!!”
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Bites–Chirs said, “I added a twist and so pleased with how they turned out. I crumbled graham crackers and sprinkled on top of the bites before putting in the IP. The crust held up and gives these delicious bites that little extra I love in a pumpkin pie. Top with a hearty helping of whip topping and well…yum. I’m definitely going to have to get in some extra runs after eating most of these by myself.”
#3: Casseroles–hot dishes or casseroles are right up my alley! They’re comforting and feed a crowd. Try these 20 different Instant Pot Casserole Recipes! My favorite is the broccoli sausage casserole! Meghan said, “Kids loved it!! Delicious! Thank you so much for these family friendly recipes, they save dinner time at our house!!!”
#4: Apple Recipes–apples and the fall just go together! I love these apple recipes so much.
- Instant Pot Apple Cider–Ange said, “Made this today. The entire batch was consumed with our Thanksgiving dinner. So good!”
- Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cobbler
- Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal–EM said, “This was awesome. I made it for breakfast meal prep and just heated it up for 1 minute in the microwave. This one is a keeper.”
- Instant Pot Apple Cider Donut Cake
#5: Bread–baking fresh bread fills the home with an amazing aroma and it makes everything so cozy. You can use your Instant Pot to proof bead. Try these bread recipes…
- French Bread–Peggy said, “I haven’t made bread in years, decades, actually, and this is so fast and easy! We will certainly be enjoying fresh, warm bread quite often now.”
- Soft Pretzels–Paula said, “These were so good and easy to make. Family is requesting more with different flavors like jalapeno and cheese.”
#6 Soups–soups are the best! Just throw everything into the pot and walk away. Come back later to a simmering bowl of goodness. Here are a few soup favorites.
- Easy Instant Pot Posole–Ana said, “I made this tonight and it was delicious.”
- Instant Pot 10 Vegetable Soup–Lisa said, “Simply delicious!”
- Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup–Carolyn said, “I’m making this soup again today. It is one of my very favorite soup recipes. So full of flavor and filling. We love it!”
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup--Cherie said, “I’m making this for the second time. Wonderful soup and my husband loves it too. Thanks for your great recipes.”
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.