It’s Crocktober! Let’s celebrate by using our slow cooker. The last half of October typically gets chilly and we move inside as it gets dark earlier and earlier. Foods that fit October are warm and cozy and fall-ish. I have 5 crocktober recipes to share with you today!
Related: Get my 6 Instant Pot-tober recipes
5 Crocktober Recipe Ideas
#1: Chili–Chili is the quintessential October recipe. It’s warm in two ways…the temperature and the spiciness factor. There are so many great ways to make chili in the slow cooker. Here are some of my favorite crockpot chili recipes.
- Slow Cooker Frito Pie Chili
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Lentil Chili
#2: Pumpkin Recipes–Once fall hits I’m ready for some pumpkin cookies and pumpkin breads. Try these two ways to use pumpkin in the crockpot…
#3: Casseroles–hot dishes or casseroles are right up my alley! They’re comforting and feed a crowd.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Casserole
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Scalloped Potato Casserole
- Slow Cooker Shepherd’s Pie Casserole
#4: Apple Recipes–apples and the fall just go together! I love these apple recipes so much.
- Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
- Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Sundaes
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato And Apple Bake
#5 Soups–soups are the best! Just throw everything into the pot and walk away. Come back later to a simmering bowl of goodness. Here are a few slow cooker soup favorites.
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Spinach Soup
- Slow Cooker 10 Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup
- Slow Cooker Italian Tortellini Soup
What about you? What are your favorite recipes to make in the fall?