Instant Pot 10 Vegetable Soup—a flavorful and colorful vegetable soup that is anything but boring! Get more veggies in your diet with this healthy and tasty soup.
Related: SLOW COOKER 10 vegetable soup recipe
Instant Pot 10 Vegetable Soup
If you’re looking for a nutrition packed meal with lots of flavor this soup is for you! I have always viewed vegetable soup as boring and flavorless. This Instant Pot 10 vegetable soup changed my mind. It was colorful with lots of textures and it had tons of flavor too.
The 10 vegetables included in this soup are:
- red pepper
- yellow pepper
You can serve this soup as main dish with breadsticks (I use this recipe) or you can have it as a side dish to start the meal. I ate two huge bowls and am excited to eat some of the leftovers for lunch today.
How do the vegetables not get mushy? This recipe works in the Instant Pot because the whole time the vegetables are prepared the pot is heating up the broth using the saute setting. By the time you add in the vegetables the broth is boiling. At that point the pot is covered and you set the pot to pressure cook for just 1 minute. The pot doesn’t take much time to come to pressure because it has been “pre-heating.” If you didn’t warm the broth the pot would take a long time to come to pressure and the vegetables would be obliterated to mush.
Related: 37 Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes
Try these other healthy Instant Pot recipes
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.
A flavorful and colorful vegetable soup that is anything but boring! Get more veggies in your diet with this healthy and tasty soup.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 10 garlic cloves
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 (15 oz) can great northern beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the shallot and saute for about 3 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Pour in the vegetable broth. Keep the pot on the saute setting while you prepare and dice all the vegetables. The vegetable broth should be boiling or almost boiling when you add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in the tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, celery, carrots, zucchini, lima beans, beans/chickpeas, salt, pepper, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder and coriander. Turn off the saute setting.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the spinach. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Variation: Add in uncooked and rinsed quinoa in the place of the chickpeas or the lima beans.
For a lower sodium version don’t add in the salt and use a low sodium vegetable broth.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. An 8 quart pot can be used with no changes. For 3 quart pots halve the recipe and keep the same cooking time.
Leftovers stay good in the fridge for up to a week. This soup can be frozen although some of the vegetables will be a little mushy when reheated (like the zucchini and peppers).
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.