Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cake–a dense and moist, almost bread pudding-like cake with the popular flavor combo of pumpkin spice and chocolate. This delicious cake is the perfect choice for a fall treat, or any time of year that pumpkin craving strikes!
Good morning! My Instant Pot pals Marci Buttars and Barbara Schieving teamed up to create an Instant Pot cookbook with all sweet treats! This is totally up my alley. If you know me you know I love desserts. It’s all I think about some days. The new cookbook, Instantly Sweet*, shows you how to cook quick and easy desserts and sweet treats in your Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker.
Haven’t tried at making a dessert in your Instant Pot? The Instant Pot is proven to be fast, safe, and more versatile than you’d expect.
I like this paragraph from the book’s description, “Instant Pot cakes, cheesecakes, and lava cakes have been sensational hits on the Internet—even when the online recipes were a little shaky. In these pages you will find lots of tested-to-perfection versions of each of these categories. Each recipe is reliable to follow and delectable in its results. Here, too, are puddings, cobblers, and even pies. This cookbook includes more than just desserts, since many quick breads can be made in the Instant Pot or its cousins—perfect treats for breakfasts on the fly, lunchboxes, after-school snacks, and late-night munchies.”
As I have flipped through the pages of Instantly Sweet I’m very impressed with the different array of recipes. Some of the treats that piqued my interest are:
- Overnight Cinnamon-Pecan Monkey Bread
- Triple Layer Chocolate Mint Cheesecake
- Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Lava Cakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Banana Split Pie
- Peach Cobbler
- S’more Bread Pudding
- Lemon Curd
Don’t those all just sound wonderful?
And guess what?! I am actually giving away a copy of Instantly Sweet to one of my readers! Make sure to enter below or just get your copy now from Amazon*.
Enter to win Instantly Sweet
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cake
Today I’m going to be sharing with you one of the recipes from Instantly Sweet*. I tried out the pumpkin chocolate chip breakfast cake on page 34. It is really dense and moist. The consistency almost reminded me of bread pudding. It’s a little healthier than most cakes because it has whole wheat flour, less sugar and Greek yogurt. My family thought it was to die for. And I kept sneaking bites of it all throughout the day. You can eat it with a fork or eat it like a slice of bread. However you eat it, you’ll be loving it!
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cake I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A dense and moist, almost bread pudding-like cake with the popular flavor combo of pumpkin spice and chocolate. This delicious cake is the perfect choice for a fall treat, or any time of year that pumpkin craving strikes!
- 1 cup (120 g) whole-wheat pastry flour or (125 g) white whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (115 g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (180 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup (185 g) pumpkin puree (solid-pack pumpkin)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (88 g) chocolate chips, milk or dark
- Spray a half-size Bundt pan* with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar until smooth. Add the butter, yogurt, pumpkin, and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and whisk just until blended. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Pour 1 cup (235 ml) of water into the pressure cooking pot and place a trivet* in the bottom. Carefully center the filled pan on a sling and lower the pan into the cooking pot. Lock the lid in place and turn the pressure release valve to the Sealed position. Select High Pressure and 25 minutes cook time.
- When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, and finish with a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Use the sling to transfer the pan to a wire rack. Cool for 5 minutes. Gently loosen the edges, remove the cake from the pan, and cool for 5-10 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm.
I used this half size bundt cake pan*.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Recipe is from Instantly Sweet* by Barbara Schieving and Marci Buttars.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cake? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.