Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup—an easy way to enjoy all the flavors of cabbage rolls. This soup will be your family’s new favorite!
Get the SLOW COOKER cabbage roll soup recipe here
Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
I must admit that I didn’t think cabbage roll soup would be that good. I was convinced that the cabbage would be smelly (I’m picturing the cabbage soup diet) and that it wouldn’t be flavorful or satisfying. I am so glad that I was DEAD WRONG. This soup was satisfying, flavorful, and very appetizing. The cabbage was my favorite part of this soup. It was the perfect texture. Next time I’ll add in a bit more!
I also must admit that I’ve never had cabbage rolls in my life. At least that I can remember. Now I’m totally tempted to try them in the Instant Pot. I LOVED the combination of flavors in this recipe. My daughter, son, son’s friend and husband all did too. This recipe is a keeper for sure. Add the ingredients to your shopping list and try it this week!
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes You’ll Love…
Instant Pot Beef and Barley Soup–a classic!
Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup–meatballs in beef broth with orzo!
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup–just like Grandma used to make!
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup–the easiest way to make lasagna!
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
An easy way to enjoy all the flavors of cabbage rolls. This soup will be your family’s new favorite!
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (depending on how meaty you like it, I used 1.3 pounds)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6–7 cups beef broth (6 for a thicker soup, 7 for a thinner soup)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2/3 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 5–6 cups cabbage (8–10 ounces), cut into 1/2 inch strips
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up*. Brown for about 5 minutes and then drain off any excess grease and discard. Add in the onion, Worcestershire, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook the onion for about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Dump in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, allspice, rice and cabbage.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button to 4 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Stir the soup. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve. You can top with grated mozzarella cheese if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.