Instant Pot Ground Turkey Lentil Chili–this healthy, easy pressure cooker turkey lentil chili is the perfect meal for any night of the week. It fills you up without filling you out while still having tons of flavor.
Get the slow cooker version of this recipe
Instant Pot Ground Turkey Lentil Chili
Today’s recipe is one of my slow cooker favorites that I’ve made in the pressure cooker. It’s a healthy lentil chili that’s made with ground turkey. I usually always have the ingredients for this recipe at my house so it’s a perfect option for a weeknight dinner or sometimes I even make it and put it into individual containers and freeze it. That way my husband can grab one of those containers and bring it to work and have a healthy, filling lunch.
National Chili Day
Today is National Chili Day! I’m celebrating by sharing with you some amazing chili recipes from some food blogger friends.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili from Ashlee Marie
Homemade 3 Bean Vegetarian Chili from An Italian in My Kitchen
Taco Chili from Simply Stacie
Easy Chicken Enchilada Chili from Creations by Kara
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili from Real Mom Kitchen
Slow Cooker Chili from Pretty Providence
Creamy White Chicken Chili from Crumb
Instant Pot Chili from Savory Experiments
Sweet Potato Chili from Namely Marly
Pork Verde Chili from The Baker Upstairs
Slow cooker turkey chili from My Mommy Style
Instant Pot lentil and bean chili from Supergolden Bakes
Jalapeno Popper Turkey Chili from Premeditated Leftovers
Award Winning Crockpot Chili from Heather Likes Food
What Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Ground Turkey Lentil Chili recipe I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers. It cost me around $80 on Amazon. When I made a similar recipe in the slow cooker I used this 6 quart KitchenAid Slow Cooker.
This healthy, easy pressure cooker turkey lentil chili is the perfect meal for any night of the week. It fills you up without filling you out while still having tons of flavor.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dry green lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Turn your Instant Pot onto “saute.” Brown the ground turkey. Add in the diced onions, garlic, tomato paste and salt and cook until meat is browned and onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in the lentils, water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chiles, chili powder, cumin and pepper.
- Cover the Instant Pot and turn it to “manual,” set the timer to 10 minutes. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.”
- When the timer beeps let it sit for 10 minutes and then slowly release the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid and ladle the chili into bowls. We topped ours with a dollop of sour cream and some diced green onions.
Click here for the slow cooker version of this recipe.
I used my Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker for this recipe.
This recipe is gluten free.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 6.2 g
- Sodium: 959 mg
- Fat: 9.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 12.2 g
- Protein: 30.7 g
- Cholesterol: 77 mg
Send Me Free Recipes
If you’d like to see all the new recipes that I’m making sign up to receive my emails below! This is a free service and you can unsubscribe at any time.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!