Instant Pot Pumpkin Bites—mini crustless pumpkin cheesecakes cooked quickly in your pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Bites
Fall is officially here! Break out all the pumpkin recipes! These bites remind me of the pumpkin chiffon pie my grandma makes every year for Thanksgiving dessert. Lighter in color, creamier and not as strong as pumpkin pie.
If you’re a fan of pumpkin cheesecake you’ll love these Instant Pot pumpkin bites! Basically it is pumpkin cheesecake filling cooked in silicone egg bite molds. Because they don’t have a crust these bites only have 97 calories per serving and they are quick to make. If you love pumpkin and chocolate together add in a handful or two of chocolate chips!
Tips to make the best Instant Pot Pumpkin Bites:
Don’t overbeat the egg: The key to getting a creamy cheesecake filling is to start with cream cheese that is at room temperature. Beat the cream cheese until it’s completely creamy and then add in the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt and beat until creamy again. Add in an egg and flour and mix on low until the egg is barely incorporated. If you beat the egg too much it can lead to cracking.
Prevent condensation dripping onto the cheesecake bites: If you don’t cover your molds the cheesecake will have a lot of moisture on the top of it. I placed a paper towel over the mold and then covered with foil. The paper towel helped soak up the excess liquid. If you have a pressure cooker safe lid you can use that in the place of the foil, but I would still use the paper towel under the lid.
Refrigerate: Unfortunately, one of the steps to getting perfect pumpkin cheesecake bites is to refrigerating them for a couple of hours. Cheesecake will taste so much better if you give it some time in the fridge. Don’t try to remove the pumpkin cheesecake bites from the molds until they are cooled completely.
Freezing Instant Pot pumpkin bites: Cheesecake is freezable. If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers you can freeze them in an airtight container for another day.
Can I make homemade pumpkin pie spice? Of course! It will be much cheaper than buying it too. Here’s how:
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Mix all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place up to 6 months.
I only have one egg bite mold, can I halve this recipe? This recipe makes 14 pumpkin cheesecake bites. You will need two molds to make my full recipe. I used 2 of these Instant Pot Silicone Egg Bites Pans*. However, if you only have one egg bite mold you can halve this recipe. Keep the amount of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot the same. Halve all other ingredients (for the egg, just use an egg yolk). Pressure cook for the same amount of time as stated in the recipe.
Can I use fat free cream cheese or Neufchâtel? I haven’t tried this recipe with a lower fat option. It might “turn out” but I don’t think it will taste nearly as good!
What Equipment Do I Need To Make Instant Pot Pumpkin Bites Recipe?
You’ll need a 6 or 8 quart electric pressure cooker, 2 egg bites silicone molds and a trivet with handles. Here are links to the equipment that I used:
What Else Can I Make With My Silicone Egg Bites Molds?
I have some other great ways to use your silicone molds. Try these other recipes as well!
- Instant Pot Churro Bites
- Instant Pot Pancake Bites
- Instant Pot Meatloaf Bites
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Instant Pot Raspberry Cheesecake Bites
More Pumpkin Recipes from 365 Days…
Mini crustless pumpkin cheesecakes cooked quickly in your pressure cooker.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Optional: ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Spray two egg bite molds* with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl or in a stand mixer add the cream cheese. Beat it until it is smooth. Add in the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Beat until smooth. Add in the egg and flour and beat until barely incorporated. If desired fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon the filling into each of the molds evenly, about 1 ½ to 2 Tbsp of batter per mold.
- Lay a paper towel over the top of each of the eggs bites molds and then cover tightly with foil. Place one of the molds on top of a trivet with handles* and then place the other mold on top.
- Pour 1 cup water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Lower the trivet with the molds on top into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 8 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Carefully remove the foil and paper towels from the molds.
- Cool the cheesecake bites on the counter for 10 minutes and then place in the refrigerator for another 2-8 hours to set completely.
- Remove from molds: After cheesecakes have been refrigerated carefully pop them out of the molds.
- Serve and enjoy. Top with whipped cream, if desired. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.