Instant Pot Wife’s Delight—An easy, 7 ingredient ground beef baked spaghetti casserole recipe that gets a fast start in the Instant Pot and then bakes until bubbly in the oven.
Instant Pot Wife’s Delight
When I posted an old recipe from a 1983 cookbook called Husband’s Delight I knew that eventually I would create a recipe called Wife’s Delight 😂. It’s only fair, right? Wife’s delight has some similar characteristics to the husband’s delight in that it’s a pasta dish with ground beef, a dairy binder and then topped with cheese. Both husband and wife’s delight are delicious and I recommend them for dinner any night of the week.
This recipe only has a handful of ingredients (ground beef, ranch dressing mix, broth, spaghetti, cottage or ricotta cheese, eggs, cheddar and parmesan). The flavor comes from the dry ranch dressing mix. I prefer using Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix. I buy the big container at Costco for around $7. It’s much cheaper that way than the little packets which are around $2 each. I like to use ranch dressing mix in lots of recipes like…
- Instant Pot Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Taco Rice
- Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Ranch Cauliflower
- Creamy Tomatillo Ranch Dressing
- Instant Pot Beef And Cheddar Ranch Potatoes
- Instant Pot 4-Ingredient Pot Roast And Brown Gravy
- Instant Pot Ranch Pork Chops And Mashed Potatoes
For this recipe you’ll use the Instant Pot to brown the beef and cook the spaghetti. Then you’ll stir in the remaining ingredients and pour it all into a baking dish. Baking it binds everything together and makes it more like a spaghetti pie than just spaghetti. I haven’t tried using the air fryer lid for the baking part but I bet you could and it would work well! If you do try it let me know in the comments and how it goes.
More Instant Pot Casserole Recipes…
Love The Website? Now You Can Order The Book!
The 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook is a recipe book with over 365 different easy and approachable electric pressure cooker (Instant Pot) dinner recipes. There’s also a chapter with breakfasts, appetizers and side dishes. The recipes in this book are generally fast, easy and approachable. Oh, and don’t forget DELICIOUS!
“If you have an Instant Pot, you need this cookbook. I have been following Karen for the past year or so, and her recipes never disappoint. They are clear, concise and easy to follow. I have many of her recipes on repeat and my family loves them as well. I would highly recommend this book”-Happy customer, DB
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
A 7 ingredient easy ground beef casserole recipe that gets a fast start in the Instant Pot and then bakes until bubbly in the oven.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix, divided
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz spaghetti (whole wheat is okay)
- 2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and break up*. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir 1 ½ Tbsp of the ranch dressing mix into the meat. Pour broth into pot and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Break the spaghetti in half and add it into the pot in a crisscross pattern. Push pasta down as much as possible so most of it’s covered in broth.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove lid. Stir contents of pot, some of the spaghetti might be a little crunchy and that’s okay.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Stir ricotta, remaining 1 ½ Tbsp of ranch dressing mix and 2 eggs together in a bowl. Stir the mixture into the spaghetti. Pour the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle the cheeses on top.
- Cover the pan with foil. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and then remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot and Oven
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.