A 7 ingredient easy ground beef casserole recipe that gets a fast start in the Instant Pot and then bakes until bubbly in the oven.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix, divided
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz spaghetti (whole wheat is okay)
- 2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and break up*. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir 1 ½ Tbsp of the ranch dressing mix into the meat. Pour broth into pot and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Break the spaghetti in half and add it into the pot in a crisscross pattern. Push pasta down as much as possible so most of it’s covered in broth.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove lid. Stir contents of pot, some of the spaghetti might be a little crunchy and that’s okay.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Stir ricotta, remaining 1 ½ Tbsp of ranch dressing mix and 2 eggs together in a bowl. Stir the mixture into the spaghetti. Pour the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle the cheeses on top.
- Cover the pan with foil. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and then remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot and Oven