Instant Pot Beef and Cheddar Ranch Potatoes--an easy to make, hearty dinner of cubed potatoes, ground beef, cheddar and crumbled bacon. Lots of delicious flavors in one pot.
Get the SLOW COOKER recipe here
Instant Pot Beef and Cheddar Ranch Potatoes
All I know about this dinner is that three hungry boys ate it in about 3 seconds. I was originally going to make this as a side dish without the beef but at the last minute decided to make it a one pot meal instead. It was a great choice since the beef really added a boost of flavor and heartiness.
- I used 6 russet potatoes that were small to medium-ish…it was 2 pounds.
- I used lean ground beef and it didn’t have much or really any grease on it. If you use a less lean ground beef you may need to drain off the grease.
- Because I had packaged bacon crumbles on hand I just used those. You can also fry up your own bacon and use that.
- I like the flavor that comes from medium or sharp cheddar as opposed to mild.
- I use Hidden Valley dry ranch dressing mix. I buy it in a big container from Costco. I like to use it for ranch potatoes, cilantro lime ranch dressing, ranch mashed potatoes, chicken bacon ranch pasta, and cheesy ranch orzo.
You’ll also like…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Beef and Cheddar Ranch Potatoes I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
An easy to make, hearty dinner of cubed potatoes, ground beef, cheddar and crumbled bacon. Lots of delicious flavors in one pot.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 2 pounds (about 6 medium) russet potatoes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup grated medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef. Break it up, add in 1 Tbsp of the ranch dressing mix and brown for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the saute setting. Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Cut your potatoes into cubes. (I left the peels on). Add them into the pot. Sprinkle the remaining 2 Tbsp of ranch dressing mix over the potatoes. Sprinkle the chili powder over the potatoes.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes (high pressure).
- When the time is up perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Toss in the bacon and the cheese and stir.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in the 3 quart or 8 quart pot. Keep the ingredients and time the same.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.