Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes–the easiest and fastest potatoes ever! This side dish of cubed yellow potatoes with ranch dressing seasoning and a little bit of butter couldn’t be easier to make but these potatoes will be eaten in no time. The perfect side dish to any meal.
Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes
Today’s recipe is a very simple one. Cubed yellow potatoes with a little ranch dressing mix and butter. But sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. I have a feeling this side dish of potatoes is going to be making an appearance at many of my dinners when I’m in a rush. These potatoes only need 6 minutes to cook in your electric pressure cooker and then you can do a quick release of the pressure. They turn out buttery and well flavored thanks to the ranch dressing mix. I just buy the big container of Hidden Valley at my Costco. It comes in handy for lots of recipes. I used yellow potatoes for this recipe but you could also use red potatoes and get the same results. I would be wary of using Russets though. I’m not sure the texture would be the same. However if you do use Russets I would increase the cooking time by a couple minutes.
More potato recipes you may like…
4 ways to make potatoes in the slow cooker
Slow cooker marshmallow sweet potatoes
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Pressure Cooker Potato Salad from Pressure Cooking Today
Pressure Cooker Potatoes Au Gratin from Pressure Cooking Today
What Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes recipe I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers. It cost me around $80 on Amazon. When I made a similar recipe in the slow cooker I used this 6 quart KitchenAid Slow Cooker.
- 3 large yellow potatoes, cubed with (I left the skins on)
- 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing/seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place cubed potatoes in the Instant Pot. Sprinkle the potatoes with the ranch dressing mix.
- Cut the butter into 8 pieces and distribute evenly into the pot. Pour in the water.
- Cover the Instant Pot and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press manual and turn the timer to 6 minutes.
- When the timer goes off press the valve to “venting.” Once pressure is released open the pot and stir. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.