Instant Pot Ranch Mashed Potatoes–creamy, buttery mashed potatoes with flavorful ranch dressing mix that gives the potatoes a tangy twist. And they are made so fast in your electric pressure cooker!
Instant Pot Ranch Mashed Potatoes
I love making marinated meats on the grill this time of year. Greg and I just got a new grill and are having a lot of fun testing it out. But don’t worry I still love my Instant Pot!
I love making mashed potatoes to go with the grilled meats. I can’t picture myself ever making mashed potatoes any other way than in the Instant Pot. It’s just so easy and hands off. No worrying about the water boiling over. Just cut up the potatoes, throw them in the Instant Pot and walk away. Come back to perfectly cooked potatoes that can be pierced easily with a fork.
These instant pot ranch mashed potatoes are so tasty! I love the zip that the ranch dressing mix gives the potatoes. I like buying a big jar of Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix at Costco. It comes in handy for lots of recipes.
The only special equipment you’ll need for this recipe is a steamer basket. I like to use this OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Steamer with Extendable Handle*. I use this steamer basket a lot. It comes in handy for potatoes, broccoli, and these homestyle vegetables. I like to get the potatoes off the bottom of the Instant Pot because they get a little grainy if they are cooked in the water. If you don’t have a steamer basket you can use a trivet. If you don’t have a trivet you can just put the potatoes in the bottom of the pot with the water. They’ll still be good. Good enough.
More Instant Pot Side Dishes…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Ranch Mashed Potatoes I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
- 1 ½ cups water
- 6 large (2 ½ to 3 pounds) yellow potatoes or Russet potatoes, quartered (you can peel or leave skins on)
- 4 Tbsp dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup milk or cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place a steamer basket* into the pot. Add quartered potatoes into steamer basket.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. When the time is up move the valve to venting. When possible, remove the lid. The potatoes should be easily pierced with a fork.
- Pour the potatoes into a large serving bowl. Discard the liquid in the Instant Pot. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Add in the butter and let it melt. Mash the butter, milk and ranch dressing mix into the potatoes until creamy and smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe is gluten free. Just make sure the ranch dressing mix is gluten free.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.