Instant Pot Husband’s Delight could be called wife’s delight or kid’s delight too! Everybody loves this noodle bake with egg noodles, ground beef, red sauce, cheese and sour cream. Speed up the prep process of this casserole with your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Husband’s Delight
With only 8 ingredients you can have an amazing tasting dinner that your whole family will love. My family scarfed this down like it was nobody’s business last night after fasting all day. My mom used to make a recipe similar to this when we were growing up called mock lasagna. We all loved it so much. The worst was the one time when my mom accidentally dropped the glass casserole pan on the ground and the cooked casserole went everywhere along with shards of glass. Leftovers it was that night for dinner!
Usually when I make this casserole it’s on the stove. One pot of boiling water for the egg noodles, one pan for browning the ground beef and another pan for the casserole to bake it. The process of prep in the Instant Pot cuts down on one of those dishes and allows you to walk away while the noodles cook instead of worrying about them boiling over on the stove. I preferred this method and will definitely repeat it in the future!
Why is it called Husband’s Delight? I thought this name was so funny and laughed out loud when I saw it called that on several websites. Apparently the name Husband’s Delight comes from the original Junior League cookbook, called “Sunflower Sampler,” published in 1983. Other names I’ve seen for this casserole are hamburger casserole, mock lasagna and sour cream noodle bake.
More Beef and Pasta Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Instant Pot Husband’s Delight could be called wife’s delight or kid’s delight too! Everybody loves this sour cream noodle bake with egg noodles, ground beef, red sauce, cheese and sour cream. Speed up the prep process of this casserole with your Instant Pot.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz bag of uncooked egg noodles
- 1 (24 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- Turn Instant Pot to the sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Brown ground beef for about 5 minutes. Soak up any excess grease with a paper towel by moving meat to one side of the pot and placing paper towel on other side of pot and use the spoon to move the paper towel around and then discard. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Add the egg noodles into the pot and pat down so that most of submerged.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir the noodles. Some may not be quite done and that is okay.
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a 9×13 inch pan layer half of the noodles/meat, half of the spaghetti sauce, half of the sour cream (spread on as best as possible, I used a butter knife) and half of the cheese. Repeat.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.