Slow Cooker 10 Vegetable Soup—a flavorful and colorful vegetable soup that is anything but boring! Get more veggies in your diet with this healthy and tasty soup.
Related: INSTANT POT 10 vegetable soup recipe
Slow Cooker 10 Vegetable Soup
If you’re looking for a nutrition packed meal with lots of flavor this soup is for you! I have always viewed vegetable soup as boring and flavorless. This slow cooker 10 vegetable soup changed my mind. It was colorful with lots of textures and it had tons of flavor too.
The 10 vegetables included in this soup are:
- red pepper
- yellow pepper
You can serve this soup as main dish with breadsticks (I use this recipe) or you can have it as a side dish to start the meal. I ate two huge bowls and am excited to eat some of the leftovers for lunch today.
Related: 37 Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes
Try these other healthy slow cooker recipes
Want more tried and true slow cooker recipes?
Receive FREE slow cooker recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below.
A flavorful and colorful vegetable soup that is anything but boring! Get more veggies in your diet with this healthy and tasty soup.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 10 garlic cloves
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 (15 oz) can great northern beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- Heat oil in a pan on the stove. Add in the shallot and saute for 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, peppers, corn, celery, carrots, zucchini, lima beans, chickpeas, salt, pepper, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder and coriander to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Add in the spinach. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
For a lower sodium version don’t add in the salt and use a low sodium vegetable broth.
Leftovers stay good in the fridge for up to a week. This soup can be frozen although some of the vegetables will be a little mushy when reheated (like the zucchini and peppers).
I used a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.