Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup—an easy way to enjoy all the flavors of cabbage rolls. This soup will be your family’s new favorite!
Get the INSTANT POT cabbage roll soup recipe here
Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup
I must admit that I didn’t think cabbage roll soup would be that good. I was convinced that the cabbage would be smelly (I’m picturing the cabbage soup diet) and that it wouldn’t be flavorful or satisfying. I am so glad that I was DEAD WRONG. This soup was satisfying, flavorful, and very appetizing. The cabbage was my favorite part of this soup. It was the perfect texture. Next time I’ll add in a bit more!
I also must admit that I’ve never had cabbage rolls in my life. At least that I can remember. Now I’m totally tempted to try them in the slow cooker. I LOVED the combination of flavors in this recipe. My daughter, son, son’s friend and husband all did too. This recipe is a keeper for sure. Add the ingredients to your shopping list and try it this week!
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes You’ll Love…
Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup–a classic!
Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup–meatballs in beef broth with orzo!
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup–just like Grandma used to make!
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup–the easiest way to make lasagna!
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup I used I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for browning the beef and onions before slow cooking the soup!
An easy way to enjoy all the flavors of cabbage rolls. This soup will be your family’s new favorite!
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds ground beef (depending on how meaty you like it, I used 1.3 pounds)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6–7 cups beef broth (6 for a thicker soup, 7 for a thinner soup)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ⅔ cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 5–6 cups cabbage (8–10 ounces), cut into ½ inch strips
- Heat a pan over medium heat on the stove. Add in beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes and then drain off any excess grease and discard. Add in the onion, Worcestershire, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook the onion for about 3 minutes. Add to the slow cooker.
- Dump in the broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, allspice, rice and cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.