Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Spinach Soup—creamy broth, chunks of Italian sausage, spinach, carrots and pasta combine to make a hearty soup perfect for a cold winter night.
Get the INSTANT POT Italian Sausage and Spinach Soup recipe here
Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Spinach Soup
This Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Spinach Soup reminds me of Zuppa Toscana quite a bit. It’s got the Italian sausage, creamy broth and greens. Instead of potatoes it has pasta though. It’s a perfect soup to feed a hungry crowd. Kids and adults both love this soup.
If you’re a kale lover you can swap out the spinach and add in kale instead. And if you don’t have bowtie pasta you can use macaroni, cavatappi or rotini pasta. I like to use Better than Bouillon Chicken Base in the place of chicken broth. I add in 7 cups of water and 7 teaspoons of the chicken base. I buy a big jar of the stuff at Costco because I use it so often in my Instant Pot recipes.
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes…
Want more recipes?
Receive FREE slow cooker recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below.
Creamy broth, chunks of Italian sausage, spinach, carrots and pasta combine to make a hearty soup perfect for a cold winter night.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into quarter inch rounds
- 10–12 ounces of uncooked bowtie pasta
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk (or half and half or heavy cream)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz chopped spinach or kale
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add in the sausage and onion. Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes. Then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Drain off any excess grease. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add in the broth, carrots, pasta, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Pour in the evaporated milk, parmesan cheese and spinach.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
I used a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.