I am such a fan of gyros. I love the soft pita, the well-seasoned meat and the tzatziki sauce all together in one big bite. And the good news is that gyro meat is so easy to make in the slow cooker. (If you’d rather make them chicken or beef you can do that too–here are the recipes for slow cooker chicken gyros and beef gyros).
For this recipe I went with pork from Costco. I bought this super cheap and lean pork (it was like $1.59 a pound) and added it to the slow cooker with some seasonings and onion and lemon juice. 8 hours later it was shreddable and perfectly seasoned. Then I whipped up the tzatziki sauce which is just cucumber, yogurt and garlic and salt and pepper. I grabbed a bag of Papa Pitas (I also get these at Costco) and then sliced up some grape tomatoes and shredded some lettuce. It was such an easy dinner for seriously so delicious and pretty healthy too! I hope you’ll try it soon!
Here are some other slow cooker yummy and healthy spring/summer recipes you can try this week:
15 Bean, Corn and Avocado Salsa—perfect for potlucks and summer parties
Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce—don’t buy jars of spaghetti sauce, make your won
Mashed Cauliflower with Garlic and Olive Oil—good replacement for mashed potatoes
Sweet and Tangy Pulled Chicken Sliders with Cucumber Slaw–my husband still talks about the slaw on these
Cheesy Chicken and Lentils—a good freezer meal recipe
Quinoa Risotto—creamy and comforting
Cheesy Pesto and Mushroom Chicken—so easy a kid can make it
Sesame Sriracha Turkey Lettuce Wraps—gluten free and uses ground turkey
Healthy Turkey Lentil Chili—I make this one all the time, perfect for lunch the next day too
Mexican Rice with Beans and Avocado—one of my most popular recipes
Quinoa and Black Bean Stuffed Peppers—like normal stuffed peppers but uses quinoa instead of rice
Mexican Quinoa and Black Beans––one of my favorites, I love how easy this is to make
And a few more recipes from some other food bloggers: Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Sandwiches and Slow Cooker Green Chile Shredded Beef Cabbage Bowl Recipe with Avocado Salsa and Slow Cooker Low-Sugar Barbecued Chicken Lettuce Cups and Easy Braised Chicken Drumsticks in Tomatillo Sauce
Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by clicking here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.Print
Well seasoned meat on top of a soft pita and creamy flavorful tzatziki sauce…a perfect dinner for any night of the week.
For the Pork
- 3 pounds pork sirloin tip roast
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- Lettuce, sliced cucumbers, sliced grape tomatoes, for serving
For the Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup diced cucumber, seeded and diced into tiny pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the pork:
- Place pork, onion, garlic, oil, oregano, allspice, lemon pepper and lemon juice into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (if it’s frozen it will be like 8-10 hours)
- Remove lid. Using tongs remove the pork and place on a cutting board. Shred or slice the pork and place back into the slow cooker.
- Serve the pork and onions on the top of pita bread with Tzatziki sauce, lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes.
For Tzatziki Sauce
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, salt and garlic in medium bowl. Stir until creamy and combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with gyros.
I used my 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!