Slow Cooker Beef Gyros Recipe: Tender pieces of beef with soft onions, juicy tomatoes, crisp lettuce, creamy cucumber yogurt sauce all wrapped up in soft, melt in your mouth pita bread. And the best part of slow cooker beef gyros is that the beef is made in the slow cooker freeing up your time and making your kitchen smell good all day long.
Slow Cooker Summer
Slow Cooker Beef Gyros on TV
Get all my new slow cooker recipes!
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
Slow Cooker Beef Gyros Recipe: Tender pieces of beef with soft onions, juicy tomatoes, crisp lettuce, creamy cucumber yogurt sauce all wrapped up in soft, melt in your mouth pita bread. And the best part of this recipe is that the beef is made in the slow cooker freeing up your time and making your kitchen smell good all day long.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat or chuck roast (cut into bite size pieces or strips)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Warmed pita folds
- Sliced tomatoes and lettuce, for serving
For the Tzatziki Sauce (Cucumber Yogurt Dressing)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup diced cucumber, seeded and shredded
- 1 Tbsp dried dill or 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Add beef to the slow cooker.
- Combine ¼ cup olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt,pepper and lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour over the meat and toss to coat, in the slow cooker. Toss in the sliced onions.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-10 hours (depending on your slow cooker) or until beef is extremely
- tender. (If it’s not tender, it’s not done yet).
- Remove lid and salt and pepper to taste. If desired, break up the meat into smaller bite-size pieces.
- Make the tzatziki sauce. Combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, salt and garlic in medium bowl. Stir until creamy and combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve beef over pita folds with Tzatziki sauce, onions, tomatoes and lettuce.
I use a 3 quart slow cooker for this recipe.