Well seasoned meat on top of a soft pita and creamy flavorful tzatziki sauce…a perfect dinner for any night of the week.
For the Pork
- 3 pounds pork sirloin tip roast
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- Lettuce, sliced cucumbers, sliced grape tomatoes, for serving
For the Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup diced cucumber, seeded and diced into tiny pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the pork:
- Place pork, onion, garlic, oil, oregano, allspice, lemon pepper and lemon juice into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (if it’s frozen it will be like 8-10 hours)
- Remove lid. Using tongs remove the pork and place on a cutting board. Shred or slice the pork and place back into the slow cooker.
- Serve the pork and onions on the top of pita bread with Tzatziki sauce, lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes.
For Tzatziki Sauce
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, salt and garlic in medium bowl. Stir until creamy and combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with gyros.
I used my 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.