Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce–Don’t buy cans or jars spaghetti sauce at the grocery store…make it at home! Make it at home in your slow cooker. It’s super easy and tastes amazing after simmering all day long. Make a huge batch and freeze the leftovers for an easy dinner another night.
This is a meatless spaghetti sauce but if you want you can easily add in cooked ground beef or ground turkey or Italian sausage. I love all of the Italian flavors in this spaghetti sauce and I love how it tastes even better with more simmering. This is a recipe that you can literally leave on low in the slow cooker for hours and hours.
Here are some other recipes to go with your homemade spaghetti sauce:
Olive Garden Breadsticks from Chef in Training
Caprese Garlic Bread from Two Peas and Their Pod
Handmade Pasta from Completely Delicious
Olive Garden Copycat Salad Dressing from The Slow Roasted Italian
And here are more slow cooker recipes that take a long time to cook (perfect for when you’re gone all day):
Best Crockpot Roast
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Beefy 15 Bean Chili
Cheesy Chicken and Lentils
French Onion Beef Stroganoff
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp ground marjoram
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1. In a microwave safe bowl add the onions, garlic, oil, basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, thyme and crushed red pepper. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds. Add mixture to the slow cooker.
2. Add in sugar, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, kosher salt, tomato paste and chicken broth. Stir.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-12 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours.
4. Add in red wine vinegar and stir. Add extra seasonings to taste. Serve with pasta. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Ideal slow cooker size: 5-6 quart