Slow Cooker Beef and Cheddar Ranch Potatoes--an easy to make, hearty dinner of cubed potatoes, ground beef, cheddar and crumbled bacon. Lots of delicious flavors in one pot.
Get the INSTANT POT recipe here
Slow Cooker Beef and Cheddar Ranch Potatoes
All I know about this dinner is that three hungry boys ate it in about 3 seconds. I was originally going to make this as a side dish without the beef but at the last minute decided to make it a one pot meal instead. It was a great choice since the beef really added a boost of flavor and heartiness.
- I used 6 russet potatoes that were small to medium-ish…it was 2 pounds.
- I used lean ground beef and it didn’t have much or really any grease on it. If you use a less lean ground beef you may need to drain off the grease.
- Because I had packaged bacon crumbles on hand I just used those. You can also fry up your own bacon and use that.
- I like the flavor that comes from medium or sharp cheddar as opposed to mild.
- I use Hidden Valley dry ranch dressing mix. I buy it in a big container from Costco. I like to use it for ranch potatoes, cilantro lime ranch dressing, ranch mashed potatoes, chicken bacon ranch pasta, and cheesy ranch orzo.
You’ll also like…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Beef and Cheddar Ranch Potatoes I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
An easy to make, hearty dinner of cubed potatoes, ground beef, cheddar and crumbled bacon. Lots of delicious flavors in one pot.
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken or beef broth
- 2 pounds (about 6 medium) russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup grated medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- Add the beef, ranch dressing mix, broth, potatoes and chili powder into the slow cooker. Stir a bit.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Toss in the bacon and cheddar. Stir.
- Scoop into serving bowls and enjoy!
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.