Instant Pot Meatloaf Bites-–use your silicone egg bites mold to make the cutest, tastiest mini meatloaves ever. This recipe can be made with ground beef, turkey or chicken. You can even make baked potatoes at the same time in the same pot!
Instant Pot Meatloaf Bites
I recently purchased a silicone egg bite mold* to make Instant Pot egg bites. I knew that the mold could be used for other recipes and I’m so glad I came across an idea for mini meatloaves. This recipe is so tasty and my family all agreed that it was a keeper. The glaze on the meatloaf was so simple but just added a slight tang and the meatloaf was perfectly seasoned.
I really think you should buy an egg bite mold just for this recipe!! And if you don’t want to have yet another accessory I think you should make it as one big meatloaf using the method I used in my bacon bbq meatloaf recipe. One thing about this recipe is that it makes 7 mini meatloaf bites. We have 4 people in our family so we got almost 2 each. This was perfect for our smallish family. However if you have more than 3-4 people you may want to double the recipe and stack 2 egg bites molds on top of each other.
What should I serve with Instant Pot meatloaf bites?
The cool thing about this recipe is that you can make baked potatoes at the same time in the same pot. All you do is place washed potatoes of the same shape and size in a single layer on the trivet. Then place the egg bite mold filled with meatloaf on top of the potatoes. Lower the trivet with the potatoes and meatloaf carefully into the pot.
Besides baked potatoes we served our Instant Pot meatloaf bites with steamed broccoli. While the meatloaf was under the oven’s broiler getting its glaze on I popped broccoli florets into my steamer basket* and lowered them into the Instant Pot (using the same water that was already in there) and used a zero minute pressure cooking time to steam the broccoli. A wonderful dinner with little effort!
What equipment do I need?
- Electric pressure cooker: To make Instant Pot meatloaf bites I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- A trivet with handles: I love this OXO sling/trivet* and use it all the time for so many different recipes.
- An egg bite mold: This is the egg bite mold* that I recently purchased. If you want to double the recipe you’ll need 2 of them.
Can I double the recipe?
You can and probably should double the recipe if you have more than 3-4 people eating. However you’ll need two egg bite molds* to be able to double the recipe. Another option is to make it into one big meatloaf and cook it in a pan that fits inside your pot*. Definitely not as cute but it will still taste great!
Try these other meatloaf recipes in your Instant Pot…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.
Use your silicone egg bites mold to make the cutest, tastiest mini meatloaves ever. This recipe can be made with ground beef, turkey or chicken. You can even make baked potatoes at the same time in the same pot!
For the meatloaf:
- 15 saltine crackers, crushed
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey)
For the glaze:
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Add saltines, milk, parsley, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, Dijon, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and meat to a bowl. Mix well with clean or gloved hands.
- Scoop mixture into egg bite mold cups*. You’ll use about 1/3 cup of mixture for each cup. It will overflow a little bit.
- Loosely cover the mold with foil. Pour 1 ½ cups water in the bottom of Instant Pot liner. Place mold on a trivet* and lower into the pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 35 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the trivet and mold.
- Stir the ketchup and vinegar together. Spoon a little over the top of each mini meatloaf. Then place pan under your oven’s broiler for 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
You can make baked potatoes at the same time. Place washed potatoes of the same shape and size in a single layer on the trivet. Then place the mold on top of the potatoes. Lower into the pot and cook according to the recipe above.
Slow cooker instructions: Combine the ingredients. Form the meatloaf into the shape of a loaf pan that fits inside your slow cooker. Place the pan in the bottom of your slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Carefully remove the meatloaf. The meatloaf may not look done and bit watery on top. The broiler step helps this immensely. If you’re worried about doneness use a thermometer to make sure the middle of the meatloaf is 160 degrees F. Place pan under the broiler for about one minute to dry out the meatloaf a bit. Then baste it with the glaze and put it under the broiler for another minute.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.