If you’re a fan of cream puffs (which I totally am) you’re going to love this super easy eclair dessert. Because it’s make in a jelly roll pan it’s like one big eclair and it’s easy enough that a kid could make it. I love this dessert and I love that you can mix and match fillings and toppings. This one happens to be pumpkin and Nutella.
|Pumpkin Eclair Dessert–This is an updated recipe from November 2013.|
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup water
- 6 eggs
- 1 (3.4 oz) Jello brand instant pumpkin pudding mix
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (12 oz) tub of cool whip
- 1/2 cup Nutella (hazlenut chocolate spread)
- 3 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bring water and butter to a boil, remove from heat and whisk in flour. Transfer to a plastic or glass bowl and using a hand mixer, mix in eggs one at a time. Spread evenly on a large greased cookie sheet or jellyroll pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes until light golden brown. Let cool completely before topping.
- In a mixing bowl, add the milk to the pudding mix and mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until it becomes fluffy. Gradually add the pudding mixture slowly as you continually beat the mixture. Spread pudding mixture on the completely cooled crust and then immediately top with cool whip.
- Heat the Nutella and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted and heated through. Remove from heat and drizzle sauce over the top of the cool whip.
- Cut into squares and serve!