Instant Pot Egg Bites—crust-less quiche-like bites of eggs, cheese and whatever mix-ins you want. They’re protein packed and a perfect portable breakfast.
Instant Pot Egg Bites
After seeing egg bite recipes across the internet for months I finally decided to try my hand at them myself. I guess I hadn’t made them yet because I saw pictures of them and thought that they didn’t look that great. I was also hesitant to make them because it required a new accessory for the Instant Pot and I try to keep things as simple as possible for you.
However after trying the egg bites I decided that buying the Instant Pot silicone mold* was well worth the investment. They were super tasty and fluffy and can be made with whatever you have in your fridge. The recipe below is completely adaptable to you, your diet needs and what you have in your fridge at this moment.
Equipment needed to make egg bites
You really only need eggs and some dairy to make Instant Pot egg bites. But you can get fun and creative with other ingredients. Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Cheese: cheddar, pepper jack, monterey jack, parmesan, mozzarella, goat cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Fresh herbs: parsley, cilantro, basil
- Chopped spinach
- Bell peppers
- Green onions
- Caramelized onions
- Minced garlic
Egg bites can be eaten plain or topped with salsa or a few squirts of Tabasco sauce.
How to store and reheat Instant Pot egg bites
If you have extra egg bites and want to store them. Put them into an airtight container or a ziploc bag and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat egg bites all you need to do is pop them into the microwave for 30 seconds or if they are frozen they will take about 90 seconds in the microwave. I put them on a paper towel or napkin and fold half of the paper towel over the top.
Is this keto friendly?
Egg bites can be keto diet friendly. Just don’t include higher carb veggies (like tomatoes) and use heavy cream instead of milk or full fat cottage cheese.
How to double this recipe
The egg bites come out more evenly cooked when they are cooked just one tray at a time. However you can stack egg bite molds on top of each other. Increase the pressure cooking time to 10 minutes and cover with foil or with an oven safe lid.
Are egg bites healthy?
Egg bites are a great breakfast or snack with protein to keep you full longer. They have 88 calories each, 7 grams of protein and 1 gram of carbohydrate. Whatever you add in will affect the nutrition information so keep that in mind.
More Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.
Crust-less quiche-like bites of eggs, cheese and whatever mix-ins you want. They’re protein packed and a perfect portable breakfast.
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk or cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup grated cheese of your choice
- ½ cup of a combination of mix-ins of your choice
- Add eggs and milk or cottage cheese to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add in the cheese and mix-ins of your choice.
- Spray your silicone egg mold with non-stick cooking spray. Then dip a ¼ cup measuring cup into the egg mixture and fill each of the impressions in the mold. They can be filled almost to the very top.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot liner. Place the egg mold onto a trivet/sling and carefully lower the mold into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 8 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use hot pads to remove the sling and egg bite mold from the pot. Invert the mold onto a plate to remove egg bites or use a spoon to carefully scoop out each egg bite.
Mix and match these additional ingredients if desired. I used cubed ham, diced tomatoes and chopped spinach. Some ideas are: Ham, Bacon, Sausage, Pepperoni, Fresh herbs–parsley, cilantro, basil, Chopped spinach, Tomatoes, Bell peppers, Green onions, Mushrooms, Caramelized onions, Minced garlic
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.