Instant Pot Jo Mama’s Spaghetti–a spaghetti sauce that has a pizza twist. With green peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni and cheese this sauce is chock full of flavor. Bonus: you can make the pasta and sauce at the same time if you’d like!
Instant Pot Jo Mama’s Spaghetti
Who made this dinner? Jo. Jo who? Jo Mama! 🤣
If you’re looking to make a boring spaghetti dinner into something a little more exciting with a fraction more work try this Instant Pot Jo Mama’s spaghetti. It’s full of flavor and it comes together quickly with the help of your Instant Pot. You can even make the sauce and the pasta at the same time if you’d like!
You’ll notice I only use ½ cup of liquid. The reason I did this was because the layer of mushrooms on top of the beef lets off a lot of liquid and helps the pot come to pressure. If you leave out the mushrooms you may want to increase the broth to 1 cup (unless you are making the pasta at the same time then you just need to follow the instructions in the notes section of the recipe below). The other really important part of this recipe is the layering. It is important that you layer the ingredients instead of stirring them all together. This will help prevent the burn error message.
If you do choose to cook the spaghetti in the Instant Pot make sure to layer it in a criss-cross pattern. This will help prevent it from clumping up together. You can use whole wheat or white pasta. I haven’t tried gluten free pasta with this recipe and am unsure how it would turn out.
More Amazing Instant Pot Pasta Recipes…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
A spaghetti sauce that has a pizza twist. With green peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni and cheese this sauce is chock full of flavor. Bonus: you can make the pasta and sauce at the same time if you’d like!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 8 oz sliced or chopped mushrooms
- 1 (24 oz) jar Classico Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 25 slices of pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper. Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Layer the following ingredients: mushrooms, pasta sauce, green peppers, pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Serve sauce over the top of hot cooked angel hair pasta. Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese.
If you want to make spaghetti in the same pot at the same time, you can. Instead of ½ cup broth add in 2 cups of broth in step 1. Then break 8 ounces of spaghetti pasta in half and lay it in a criss cross pattern on top of the ground beef. Cover with the mushrooms (step 2) and follow the layering directions in step 2. Pressure cook for 4 minutes with a 5 minute natural pressure release.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.