A spaghetti sauce that has a pizza twist. With green peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni and cheese this sauce is chock full of flavor. Bonus: you can make the pasta and sauce at the same time if you’d like!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 8 oz sliced or chopped mushrooms
- 1 (24 oz) jar Classico Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 25 slices of pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper. Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Layer the following ingredients: mushrooms, pasta sauce, green peppers, pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Serve sauce over the top of hot cooked angel hair pasta. Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese.
If you want to make spaghetti in the same pot at the same time, you can. Instead of ½ cup broth add in 2 cups of broth in step 1. Then break 8 ounces of spaghetti pasta in half and lay it in a criss cross pattern on top of the ground beef. Cover with the mushrooms (step 2) and follow the layering directions in step 2. Pressure cook for 4 minutes with a 5 minute natural pressure release.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot