Instant Pot Italian Delight—a one pot meal with linguine noodles, ground beef, mushrooms, tomato sauce, roasted bell pepper, corn and cheese. It’s a hodgepodge of ingredients but all together they taste so good!
Instant Pot Italian Delight
When I read Tasting Spoon’s Italian Delight Casserole recipe I was skeptical that it would be good. I just didn’t know how all the ingredients would work together. I am glad that I set my skepticism to the side and made this dish because it was seriously so good! My version has a few changes from the original including the fact that I made it into an all in one pot Instant Pot recipe. This is a perfect weeknight meal that you can keep warm in the pot until you’re ready to eat.
A few notes about the ingredients and the recipe:
- Can I use another type of pasta? Yes. Try using spaghetti, fettuccine, rotini, penne, shells, bowties etc.
- I don’t like mushrooms. Can I leave them out? One of the ways that the pasta cooks so perfectly in this recipe is the fact that moisture releasing mushrooms are laid on top of the pasta. If you leave out the mushrooms the pasta may be cooked unevenly. If you do try it let me know how it goes!
- Can I use canned corn instead of frozen? Sure! Drain the corn before adding it into the pot.
- Where can I find the bell pepper strips? Look for the Mezzetta brand next to the pickles.
- How else can I use the roasted bell peppers? If you have leftovers make Marry Me Chicken. It has so much delicious flavor!
- Can I use another type of cheese? Sure! Use whatever cheese you like best.
You’ll also like…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Linguine noodles with ground beef, mushrooms, tomato sauce, roasted bell pepper, corn and cheese. It’s a hodgepodge of ingredients but all together they taste so good!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups beef broth (or 2 cups water + 2 tsp better than bouillon)
- 8 oz linguine
- 8 oz chopped or sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up. Add in the onions. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease. Stir in the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour beef broth into Instant Pot. Scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off saute setting.
- Break linguine noodles in half and lay them in a criss cross patter on top of the meat. Press down a bit with a spoon.
- Dump the mushrooms evenly over the noodles. Add the Italian seasoning, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste and corn on top of the mushrooms. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Stir in the peppers and cheeses.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.