Instant Pot Family Delight—chicken, spaghetti and cream cheese baked until bubbly. Your family will all love to eat this casserole and you will love to make it because it’s fast and easy!
Instant Pot Family Delight
Everyone loved Husband’s Delight and Wife’s Delight so much that I decided to continue the theme and create a Family Delight! Instant Pot Family Delight takes me back to my childhood because it reminds me of chicken tetrazzini a bit, the kind my mom used to make.
This recipe uses the Instant Pot to cook the chicken, mushrooms and spaghetti. And then you stir in some cream cheese, seasonings and bake it with cheese on top. It’s an easier way to make chicken tetrazzini because you only have to get your Instant Pot dirty and the pan that you bake the casserole in. If you’d rather, you can skip the step of baking the casserole and just serve it straight out of the Instant Pot.
Chicken: I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. You can also use bone-in chicken or boneless thighs. My mom used to make a similar recipe using a whole chicken. If you want you can totally do that too! I use 6 minutes per pound for a whole chicken.
Spaghetti: I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles. White or wheat work just the same. You can also try another type of pasta like penne, cavatappi, rotini, etc.
Mushrooms: I’m sure there will be some of you that won’t want to include mushrooms in the dish. That’s okay. I do disagree with you but that’s okay 🤣. You may want to include a ½ cup extra liquid in with the spaghetti since mushrooms release quite a bit of moisture.
Can I double this recipe? Yes, you can. Double all the ingredients and keep the cooking time the same. Use a 9×13 inch pan instead of a 9×9 inch pan.
Try Instant Pot Family Delight for dinner this week! I think you and your family will be delighted. And remember to try Husband and Wife’s Delight too!
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes…
Instant Pot Preacher’s Casserole
Instant Pot Heavenly Casserole
Instant Pot Prize Winning Pizza Mac and Cheese
Instant Pot Perfected Parmesan Garlic Pasta
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Instant Pot Family Delight
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
Chicken, spaghetti and cream cheese baked until bubbly. Your family will all love to this eat casserole and you will love to make it because it’s fast and easy!
- 1 1/4 pounds (20 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillon chicken base
- 1/2 pound (8 oz) uncooked spaghetti noodles (whole wheat is okay)
- 1/2 pound (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 pound (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Add chicken, water and bouillon into Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting (for more precise chicken cooking times read this article). Remove the lid.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and set aside.
- Measure the amount of liquid remaining in the Instant Pot and add enough water to let it reach 2 cups. Break spaghetti noodles in half and lay them in a criss cross pattern in the water. Dump mushrooms on top of noodles.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. While spaghetti is cooking chop up the chicken. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Stir chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning and cream cheese into pot until cream cheese is well incorporated.
- Scoop the mixture into a 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar and bake for 15 minutes at 350° F. Scoop onto plates and enjoy.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Could sour cream be substituted for the cream cheese?
Yes I think that would work okay.
Helen Harger says
Thanks Karen! You’re the BESST!!!!!
Amy Woodward says
So simple and so delicious! I didn’t have enough chicken breast or thighs, but I had a lot of legs. LOL but it was so good!
Oh good! Glad it worked out!
Richard Koehler says
I have the 8 quart Ninja Foodi and am wondering if I can use the attached lid to complete the final process instead of having to use my stove oven. Also, would there be any changes in the baking time if I did so?
Yes you could for sure do that! I would keep my eye on it but yes that’s the time I would suggest.
This looks wonderful. I must give it a try. Like Gretchen I would like to know about the air fryer lid for this recipe. Still learning about the air fryer lid. I received it for Christmas and only used it twice. Any and all help about the air fryer lid would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all your wonderful recipes.
You could finish it off with the air fryer lid. I would just set it for 350 and let it cook for 10 minutes.
Can I use frozen chicken? Does the time change?
Thanks for all you do. Your recipes have made our instant pot a staple in the kitchen!
yes you can do that! If they are super thick chicken breasts I might add 3 minutes to pressure cook time.
i just got an air fryer lid for my instant pot. could you, perhaps, add instruction on how to finish some of these using that, rather than getting another pot dirty? i’m still experimenting, but liking the lid so far.
Good point! I would cook at 350 for 10 minutes. Keep your eye on it though, I haven’t tried it myself.