Instant Pot Family Delight—chicken, spaghetti and cream cheese baked until bubbly. Your family will all love to eat this casserole and you will love to make it because it’s fast and easy!
Instant Pot Family Delight
Everyone loved Husband’s Delight and Wife’s Delight so much that I decided to continue the theme and create a Family Delight! Instant Pot Family Delight takes me back to my childhood because it reminds me of chicken tetrazzini a bit, the kind my mom used to make.
This recipe uses the Instant Pot to cook the chicken, mushrooms and spaghetti. And then you stir in some cream cheese, seasonings and bake it with cheese on top. It’s an easier way to make chicken tetrazzini because you only have to get your Instant Pot dirty and the pan that you bake the casserole in. If you’d rather, you can skip the step of baking the casserole and just serve it straight out of the Instant Pot.
Chicken: I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. You can also use bone-in chicken or boneless thighs. My mom used to make a similar recipe using a whole chicken. If you want you can totally do that too! I use 6 minutes per pound for a whole chicken.
Spaghetti: I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles. White or wheat work just the same. You can also try another type of pasta like penne, cavatappi, rotini, etc.
Mushrooms: I’m sure there will be some of you that won’t want to include mushrooms in the dish. That’s okay. I do disagree with you but that’s okay 🤣. You may want to include a ½ cup extra liquid in with the spaghetti since mushrooms release quite a bit of moisture.
Can I double this recipe? Yes, you can. Double all the ingredients and keep the cooking time the same. Use a 9×13 inch pan instead of a 9×9 inch pan.
More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Chicken, spaghetti and cream cheese baked until bubbly. Your family will all love to this eat casserole and you will love to make it because it’s fast and easy!
- 1 ¼ pounds (20 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillon chicken base
- ½ pound (8 oz) uncooked spaghetti noodles (whole wheat is okay)
- ½ pound (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ pound (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Add chicken, water and bouillon into Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting (for more precise chicken cooking times read this article). Remove the lid.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and set aside.
- Measure the amount of liquid remaining in the Instant Pot and add enough water to let it reach 2 cups. Break spaghetti noodles in half and lay them in a criss cross pattern in the water. Dump mushrooms on top of noodles.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. While spaghetti is cooking chop up the chicken. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Stir chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning and cream cheese into pot until cream cheese is well incorporated.
- Scoop the mixture into a 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar and bake for 15 minutes at 350° F. Scoop onto plates and enjoy.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.