Instant Pot Preacher’s Casserole—time saving, inexpensive hamburger and macaroni casserole that feeds a crowd or a congregation.
Instant Pot Preacher’s Casserole
This Instant Pot preacher’s casserole recipe is perfect for a church potluck or for a weeknight dinner. It combines elbow macaroni noodles, cheese and ground beef for a tasty, inexpensive meal.
- Potluck tip: Make the recipe in the Instant Pot and then switch the pot to the keep warm setting until everyone is ready to eat. Keep the lid on top so that it doesn’t dry out.
- Doubling up: For a family of 4 like mine I did a scaled down version of the original large recipe but you can easily double this recipe to feed about 10 people.
- Tomato Soup: I know what you’re thinking. Condensed tomato soup? Yes the answer is yes. It gives a unique flavor to this recipe. But you must use Campbells brand. Don’t use the store brand. There is a big difference in the taste. Most generic items are interchangeable but with tomato soup you just have to buy the name brand. If you don’t want to use tomato soup I put a substitution idea for you in the recipe card below.
- Bake it or not: If you prefer the bubbly, baked taste of casseroles you can finish the casserole off in the oven. The Instant Pot will still save you a couple steps by letting you cook the pasta and ground beef in the same pot. And you don’t have to worry about the pasta water boiling over.
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Time saving, inexpensive hamburger and macaroni casserole that feeds a crowd or a congregation.
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ¾ cups beef or chicken broth
- 8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Campbell’s condensed tomato soup (or 8 ounces tomato sauce, 1 Tbsp sugar, ½ tsp teaspoon salt, 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (you can also use shredded cheddar)
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onion and celery. Let the beef brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in the chili powder, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Add in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Cancel the sauté setting.
- Sprinkle the macaroni into the pot over the broth and meat. Dump the tomato soup on top. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Sprinkle the cheese on top and serve. (You can also pour the mixture into a square baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes at 350° F.)
Double this recipe to serve a larger group. Double all ingredients and keep the same pressure cooking time.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.