Instant Pot Heavenly Casserole is named so because when a bite of this dish hits your mouth you’ll believe you’re in heaven. Noodles, beef, spaghetti sauce and cheese never tasted so good.
Instant Pot Heavenly Casserole
Looking for a delicious family dinner idea that everyone will love? Look no further! This recipe for Instant Pot heavenly casserole is super simple with only a handful of ingredients (which you probably already have at home) but it tastes sooooo good. I couldn’t stop eating it. I probably ate 3 servings.
Start by browning ground beef (or turkey) in your Instant Pot with the sauté setting. Then you’ll season up the beef with dry ranch dressing mix. Don’t use bottled ranch dressing, I’m talking about the dry mix. I love using the Hidden Valley brand. I like to buy it in the large container from Costco. It’s much cheaper than buying a packet of it for $2. If you want to make your own from scratch that’s an option too.
After the beef is cooked you can deglaze the pot with water. Add in the Better than Bouillon (I used the beef kind, the big jar from Costco), egg noodles and finally plop a brick of cream cheese on top. Since we are only pressure cooking for 1 minute the cream cheese will be fine to pressure cook. It softens it up nicely and it becomes very easy to stir in. If you’d like to use another type of noodle that is an option. Egg noodles cook very fast since they are so thin. If you’re using penne or cavatappi I’d cook for 4 minutes. For rotini use a 3 minute pressure cooking time.
Once the pressure cooking cycle is over let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure. At this point you’ll stir in the cream cheese well. Some of the noodles won’t look cooked and that is okay. We will be finishing this dish off in the oven, so preheat the oven to 350° F at this time.
Get out a 9×13 inch casserole dish pan. Layer half of the noodles, half of a jar of spaghetti sauce (I like the Classico brand) and half of the cheese. While the food was pressure cooking I grated up an 8 ounce block of Monterey jack cheese. You can use another cheese like colby, cheddar or mozzarella if you’d like. Then you’ll repeat the layers once more ending with cheese. Pop the dish into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
After the casserole is done baking the cheese will be melted and it will be hot and bubbly. Serve the casserole with a green salad and a side of fruit. You’re really going to love this Instant Pot heavenly casserole! I know it!
Try these other fun Instant Pot Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
Noodles, beef, spaghetti sauce and cheese never tasted so good.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix (3 Tbsp)
- 3 cups water + 1 Tbsp better than bouillon beef base (or 3 cups beef broth)
- 1 (12 oz) package egg noodles
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 (24 oz) jar favorite spaghetti sauce (I used Classico brand 4 cheese pasta sauce)
- 1 (8 oz) block monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease. Stir in the ranch dressing mix.
- Pour in the water and bouillon and scrape bottom of pot so nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Dump in the egg noodles and press to submerge as many as possible. They all won’t be under liquid and that’s okay.
- Dump the cream cheese on top of noodles.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well to coat the noodles with the cream cheese.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan layer half of the noodles mixture, half of spaghetti sauce and half of cheese. Repeat.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 350° F oven.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.