In the mood for enchiladas? Try this easy way to make beef enchiladas in your Instant Pot. This casserole tastes amazing with hardly any work.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 (15 oz) can enchilada sauce of your choice (I used hatch green chile enchilada sauce)
- 1 (4.5 oz) can green chiles
- 10 (6 inch) soft corn tortillas, cut or torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups grated sharp or medium cheddar
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says hot add in the ground beef and brown it. Drain off grease from meat and place the meat in a bowl. Clean out bottom of Instant Pot.
- Stir ½ cup of enchilada sauce and the can of green chiles in with the meat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot* pour about ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan. Then layer half of the meat, tortillas, sauce and cheese. Repeat again ending with the cheese. Cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water in the bottom of the Instant Pot liner. Then place the pan on top of a trivet with handles*. Lower the pan into the Instant Pot liner.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes.
- When time is up release pressure by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Remove the pan from the Instant Pot. Scoop onto serving plates and top with a little sour cream and cilantro and a squeeze of lime, if desired.
Make this in the 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot.
Slow Cooker Instructions: In a pan on your stove brown the ground beef. Drain off the grease. Stir in ½ cup of enchilada sauce and the can of green chiles in with the meat. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour about ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker. Then layer half of the meat, tortillas, sauce and cheese. Repeat again ending with the cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot