Instant Pot 7UP Cake–a simple, moist bundt cake recipe that has lemon-lime flavor thanks to 7UP soda in the batter and the glaze. This cake only has 8 ingredients!
Instant Pot 7UP Cake
This cake is not overly sweet. It’s moist. It’s got subtle lemon flavor. It’s really addicting and we ate ours until it was all gone.
The 7UP is a fun addition. The cake recipe doesn’t call for any leavening ingredients like baking soda or baking powder so the carbonation in the soda helps to give the cake a bit of a rise. If you’d prefer you can use Sprite or even generic brand lemon lime soda in the place of 7UP. I haven’t tried diet soda but I believe that it would work!
I didn’t get out my stand mixer to mix the cake batter but instead used a hand mixer. Feel free to use either a stand or hand mixer. Or you can beat it by hand, the old fashioned way. Just make sure to really cream the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
Besides the 7UP the lemon juice and lemon zest are key ingredients in this cake recipe. I like to use fresh squeezed lemon juice. I use a small grater/microplane* to zest the lemon peel. It really adds a lemon punch that brings the flavor to a whole new level.
You’ll need a half size bundt cake pan to make this cake in the Instant Pot. You can find a 6 cup (7-inch) bundt cake pan* easily on Amazon. There are lots of ways to use this bundt cake pan in the future. I listed several of my recipes below. I’ve also heard that many use their bundt cake pans to make Instant Pot meatloaf!
I like to use my OXO sling* to lower the bundt cake pan into the Instant Pot and to easily retrieve it.
More ways to use a small bundt cake pan in the Instant Pot…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
A simple, moist bundt cake recipe that has lemon-lime flavor thanks to 7UP soda in the batter and the glaze. This cake only has 7 ingredients!
For the cake:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon or lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup 7UP
For the glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp 7UP
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot. Spray a 6 cup bundt cake pan* with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until it is light and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Beat in the lemon juice, zest and vanilla.
- Add flour alternately with the 7UP beating well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Smooth the top. Cover the pan with foil. Place the pan on top of a sling/trivet* and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 40 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10-15 minutes and then remove the lid. Carefully remove the cake pan. Discard the foil.
- Place a plate on top of the cake pan and flip to invert the cake onto the plate.
- In a small bowl whisk the powdered sugar, lemon juice and 7UP together until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake.
- Slice, eat and enjoy!
You can also bake the cake in a 350° F oven for 65 minutes without foil.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.