Instant Pot Apple Cake—a moist apple cake that isn’t overly sweet and has the taste of fall with cinnamon and chopped apples. There are also directions for how to bake it in the oven.
Instant Pot Apple Cake
It’s fall! And I’m loving it. I love apple and pumpkin desserts in the fall. There’s just something about the scent of cinnamon floating through the air that is cozy and satisfying.
I made this apple cake in the Instant Pot using the pot-in-pot method and demonstrated the process on my latest video. Join me on YouTube for lots of Instant Pot tips and tricks.
This recipe for apple cake isn’t overly sweet. It could be eaten as a dessert, for brunch or as a snack cake. For me, this cake was moist but not overly moist like some other Instant Pot desserts I’ve made. If you want to bake this cake in the oven you totally can. I’ve included the directions in the recipe card below.
When baking in the Instant Pot you can use a loose dome of foil over the top of the cake. This will help prevent condensation from dripping on top of the cake while it bakes.
I love using my mini bundt pan* for baking in the Instant Pot. This type of pan seems to help the cake bake evenly. I have also used it to make pumpkin breakfast cake and chocolate chip zucchini banana bread.
Other Instant Pot Desserts…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Apple Cake I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
A moist apple cake that isn’t overly sweet and has the taste of fall with cinnamon and chopped apples.
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup chopped apples (with or without peels)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the brown sugar, butter, egg and milk until smooth. Then stir in the baking soda, vanilla, flour, apples, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased mini bundt cake pan*. Smooth the top. Then loosely cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the bottom of inner liner of the Instant Pot.
- Place the cake pan on a trivet/sling and lower it into the bottom of your Instant Pot liner.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 45 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 more minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Let the cake sit for 5 more minutes and then invert the cake onto a plate.
You can bake this in the oven. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes. You can use the half size bundt cake pan or an 8×8 square baking dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.